Chapter 126

Me and Perez walked out to the other side of the banquet hall.

After confirming that no one was close enough to hear our conversation, I tapped Perez on the side.

"Good job, Perez."

Perez smiled, his lips curved quietly at my words.

“Tia, you look in trouble.”

"You’re catching up fast. I heard that Craney will also be entering the academy next year. I wish he could learn as well as you."

"Craney? Oh, that little..."

"He's not small anymore. He's bigger than me. He's so excited to see you today. There must be a lot of things he wants to ask about the academy.”

Speaking of which, Perez stared at me.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

“…Tia doesn’t seem to have changed.”

“Is that a compliment now or a curse?”

Perez smiled with his eyes instead of answering.

"Anyway, thanks to Perez, I was very relieved after a long time ago. Well, that's right."

"What were you talking about with the Empress? You didn't look so good."

"Oh, well, she's suddenly said that she would find me a marriage partner. In front of everyone. So I was a little annoyed."

Now that I've paid her back, it's a lot better.

"...What did you say?"

Perez asked me again.

But I didn't think he was asking because he really didn't hear it well.

He was looking at the Empress with a cold face.

I completely reduced my voice and spoke.

"It's the Empress's trick. Maintaining influence in society. Connecting the right people and making connections between the two families."

Matchmakers aren't hawks either. [1]

But I have to admit that it's obviously effective.

"But don't worry too much. The Prince's marriage must have permission from the Emperor. She's not gonna reach out to you."

I should be careful not to bump into each other for a while.

Empress Rabini was not a person to give up easily.

Unfortunately, I didn't know what else to say if I ran into her at another banquet.

"I shouldn't go to banquets for a while... Perez?"

Perez was a little strange.

He's much more expressionless than usual, but somehow he's colder.

I patted Perez on the shoulder.

“Don’t worry too much. Even the First Prince hasn't decided on his marriage yet. She's not going to hook you up with any woman first."

"Tia."

Perez called me and took my hand off his shoulder.

But Perez's calloused hands, which held my hand, were full of strength.

"What's wrong, Perez?"

"If the Empress ever says that again, then tell me."

Oh, I was wrong.

Perez was worrying about me, not himself.

I asked, holding back my laugh.

"Tell you? How can you help me?"