Chapter 12

Alpheo began to gain fame when I just started working with my grandfather.

There were countless artists sponsored by Lombardy, but Alpheo was special.

It was at the late age of thirty that he began to work in earnest.

Unlike other Lombardy artists, who are usually excavated at a young age and nurtured in greenhouses, Alpheo was originally a carpenter.

It is also the third generation carpenter working in Lombardy after his grandfather and father.

So when my grandfather heard the news from Alpheo, he felt very sorry.

It would have been nice if we could have sponsored such talent earlier and created a good working environment.

But Alpheo didn't care about that.

Rather, he was very grateful to Lombardy for supporting him, even late, and presented his first official work to the family.

The title of the work is 'World Tree'.

It was a gigantic-sized piece of wood that embodies the Lombardy pattern, the World Tree.

It was a masterpiece of carving several trees separately and putting them together into one.

And with that work, Alpheo quickly became an artist renowned throughout the empire.

"But how do I find him?"

It was midday, so most of the people were working in the mansion, it was a busy residential area for employees, but it was just dead.

Should I go from house to house and ask if he doesn't know Alpheo?

"What is that?"

"It looks amazing!"

Oh, and it turns out you've forgotten them.

The twins were running around like kids at the toy corner, marveling at the things they saw for the first time.

"Gilliu! Mayron! Don't go crazy!"

I shouted, but the two didn't even pretend to hear it.

"Wow! Here's water!"

"I guess you're scooping it up with this gourd!"

"Let's float the water too!"

Oh, that's a bit dangerous.

Gilliu and Mayron, who were wondering whether they were seeing the well for the first time, were installing them saying that they would pump up water with a gourd.

It's 11-years-old, so it's bigger than me, but it was well made to fit the height of an adult.

It seemed dangerous to seeing them rumbling with their hands.

"Hey! You guys come down!"

Eventually, I grabbed the skirt of my dress and ran to them.