Chapter 56

The situation became even more interesting when I entered the banquet hall with people's eyes following us.

The people who filled the great hall walked away like a split sea and looked at the three of us with puzzled faces.

"This is the Lombardy family...."

The inside of the banquet hall was quiet enough to hear someone mutter clearly in my ears.

But it was weird.

Even though so many people were watching us, no one really came.

Everyone was a few steps away and chatted among themselves.

Grandfather even looked around the center with a relaxed expression as if this situation was familiar.

And all those who have eye contact with my grandfather either avoid their eyes or bow their heads.

Like the reaction when they met a beast.

Meanwhile, the female nobles couldn't take their eyes off my father.

I looked up at my father holding my right hand.

Taller than other men, a thin body, white skin, and fine brown hair that reach down to the shoulders are tied together in one form.

In particular, his gentle green eyes with long eyelashes sparkled in the banquet lights.

In a word, it would be a handsome man with a warm atmosphere.

My father looked at me like he felt my gaze looking at him.

And he showed a comfortable smile.

Perhaps it seemed to mean that I didn't have to be nervous.

However, his smile that was meant to relieve my nervous affected the woman who was looking at my father, not at me.

Here and there, I saw the girls with shaky legs staggered by my father's smiling face.

And surprisingly, there was 'me' that caught as much attention as my father and grandfather did.

"Is that kid, the daughter of Gallahan Lombardy?"

"Oh, so cute. After all, she is a Lombardy's children……."

"She looks like her father!"

Fortunately, the first impression is good.

But immediately, other words were heard.

“She is the only daughter, right?”

“So she is the only heir right now.”

That's what will comes to mind when my father becomes a tremendous asset in the ready-to-wear business.

And when I passed a group of old women, I heard these words too.

"Gallahan's daughter is so smart that she received privileges from the Lord itself."

"Are there any successors from Lombardy whom he accompanied to the banquet?"

“She must have been around ten years now. She's just the same age as my grandson."

And there were reactions I was waiting for.

"Who's work is that dress? It's a design I've never seen before..."

"I'll find out later. It's so cute……."

"Look at the jewels that hangover there. My God, these days, all the money in the Empire is Lombardy and Gallahan clothing stores..."

However, sometimes it is good to be the object of someone's jealousy and envy.