Chapter 90

Necklace?

Did someone lose Shananet's necklace?

The maid, who can't raise her head now, is a person who has worked in Lombardy's mansion for decades.

She has a strong personality, so she won't be so contemplative about most things.

"Ahh! We can look for the maids who cleaned the bedrooms this morning..."

"There you go."

Shananet, who was standing still with her back turned, said.

It was as monotonous as if it were someone else's business.

But even with that little voice, the maid stiffened.

"No, Madame Shananet. I'll do whatever it takes to get the criminal..."

"Nelly."

Shananet called the maid's name.

"I think I lost my necklace."

"...Yes?"

"Come to think of it, I went out a few days ago wore the necklace. I must have lost it outside then."

Lie.

Shananet values the necklace, which is her mother's keepsake.

Anyone living in the mansion knew she does not wear it unless it was a really special day.

The maid seemed unable to find anything to say.

"Ha, but..."

"So don't make people suffer."

It was not something that could be easily covered.

Like the Lombardy family, high-ranking nobles take this kind of thing very strictly, in a place where there were precious objects strewn everywhere but ordinary people couldn't even see for their whole life.

When an employee touches the owner's stuff, the employee's accommodation is completely overturned on that day.

But if you don't get what you're looking for, you'll have to take some powerful servants and torture them to confess.

Perhaps the maid was aware in anticipation of such a future.

"Do you understand me?"

Shananet, who still hasn't shown her face, asked in a stern voice.

"Yes, yes, Madame Shananet."

"Th, thank you....!"

The maid, who probably cleaned the room, said, barely holding her quivering body.

"Let me rest."

The maids and other employees all went outside at Shananet's command.

I was wondering if she should go to her.

Somehow it doesn't seem right to leave Shananet alone.

The door closes with a clatter.

It was that moment.

Shananet's body, which was standing upright, collapsed.

"...Huh!"

She looked so small from behind, sitting there and covering his mouth.

"Uh..."

Crane looked at it and tried to approach her, but I shook my head and don't let him go.

"Mother..."

It was because Gilliu and Mayron, who were watching the situation in the room, approached Shananet.

After hesitating for a while, the twins carefully touched Shananet's shoulder.