Chapter 106

"Would Tia be in trouble if I was her Cavalier?"

It was the first question Perez asked when Mrs. Impigra visited Poirak Palace and offered to be a Cavalier.

"What...?"

Mrs. Impigra blinked her wrinkled eyes in bewilderment for a moment.

This was because the answer to the words 'This is an opportunity to make a good impression on the noble by avoiding the check between the empress and the first prince.', was unexpected.

But Mrs. Impigra quickly regained her composure and asked in a calm voice.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness. I didn't quite understand what you were saying, so could you repeat it?"

"When I was mobilized, I almost got Tia in trouble because of my position."

Perez spoke in a rather placid voice.

"I know it's good for me to be her Cavalier, but I won't do it again if my greed puts Tia in a trouble."

Mrs. Impigra opened her mouth after choosing the words for a while.

"You two must be very good friends."

Perez did not reply to that.

Instead, he asked a different question.

"If you choose me as Cavalier, you'll find it difficult for maid-chief. Why are you giving me a chance?"

Mrs. Impigra flinched, and shook her head with a small sigh.

"Looks like the people below seem to have given you the slip of the tongue." [1]

"I just don't have a mother or a family to empower, not eyes and ears."

"Hmm..."

The wrinkles of Mrs. Impigra, which spills low, deepened.

"The only thing I know how to do is to take care of the Palace's household, but the Imperial Debutante remains my full authority. Your Highness is free to let go of your worries."

"But..."

Perez looked at Mrs. Impigra with red eyes, unable to know her feelings.

As the sun set out of the window, Perez's eyes turned redder.

The sight reminded Impigra of someone unknowingly.

"Your Highness Second Prince really resembles His Majesty the former Emperor."

"...I've heard that before."

Lulak Lombardy once said.

Perez is said to resemble the former Emperor rather than his father, Emperor Jovanes.

Mrs. Impigra looked at Perez with a long face and said.

"I don't think there's any new gossip going around just because Lady Lombardy and His Highness, who are already playmate, will be partners in the debut party. What would you do?"

Perez nodded after a moment's thought.

"I'll do it, Cavalier."

With that said, Perez first drew a smile on the corners of his mouth.

Mrs. Impigra laid down her pen, recalling the day, and closed her journal.

Then someone knocked on the door of the office.

"The Empress is calling."

One of the maids of the Empress Palace, was once one of the children cherished by the maid-chief Impigra.