Chapter 140

Szzaaaarh-.

"What kind of rain is this..."

Violet murmured as she looked up at the sky pouring out so much rain that she couldn't see properly.

Even the voice was buried in the loud rain.

Even the environment gloom because of the dark clouds.

Violet stood on the balcony of a tall building with long eaves, looking down at the interior of Ivan Mansion, which is simple compared to Lombardy.

People running around covering their heads, trying to get livestock into their house.

Even though it was a rainy season that came back every year, everyone was confused by the heavy rain that had never happened before.

'There is a high risk of landslides around logging sites due to high precipitation.'

Yesterday morning, Violet said to Lord Ivan.

Of course, she didn't just predict the future event.

Along with the research results of the geologist, who had been very helpful since the diamond mines, and a letter from the mountain keeper, who had been protecting the lumbering grounds of the Ivan estate for several decades.

In particular, the mountain keeper informed the urgency of the situation, saying that a small garden on the outskirts had already collapsed a few days ago, even though the rainy season had yet to begin in earnest, signaling the urgency of the situation.

"There's no harm in being prepared."

Fortunately, Lord Ivan wasn't a blind person.

He understood how dangerous it was for a landslide to occur defenselessly and how much time and resources it would take to restore it.

In addition, considering the recent logging of considerable numbers of trees, simple preparations immediately began.

Until the rain subsided, each gate was sealed to block the passage of the mountain path and to withdraw the manpower of logging fields deep in the mountains.

"I hope everything's okay..."

Even if her position of informing Lord Ivan of the danger was somewhat embarrassing, she hoped that there would be no landslide.

However, Violet's eyes, which look at the high mountains peculiar to the north, concerned.

'There's going to be a landslide, Violet. When the rainy season begins, Lord Ivan must be informed of the dangers.'

On the day she left for the North, the voice that was talking to herself was still clear in her ears.

"What Lady Florentia said was never wrong."

And ironically, that fact was making Violet more anxious.

"I'm telling you to open the door!"

Then a loud voice came through the rainy sound.

It was the side of the nearby mansion gate guard, which had been closed a while ago.

"I am Ferdick Angenas! I'm the Lord of Angenas family! Who dares to stop me!"

Violet who frowned, went out into the street with an umbrella.

The scuffle continued until she arrived in front of the guards.

"Are you the Captain of the Guard?!"

Ferdick Angenas asked the person who had just come out of the building.