Chapter 57

The eyes with a strange light were looking at me and Perez.

Ugh, have I been caught?

It was frustrating.

No one should ever know that I and Perez know each other.

I quickly avoided the Emperor's eyes.

But I could feel it.

That tenacious gaze stays on me for a while longer.

But when I looked back later, the Emperor was talking with my father and grandfather with the same face as before.

Did I see wrong?

There was a possibility that I was terrified by Jovanes's gaze that he gave without thinking.

Either way, I tried not to give my eyes to Perez again.

"Then, let's start with awarding and enjoy the banquet."

Jovanes said, taking care of the gathered nobles.

My father, who was still holding my hand, said tenderly when he was standing near my grandfather.

"Dad, I'll go back for a while."

Even though I was nervous enough to get my hands cold, I take care of myself first.

The children over there were completely different from the Emperor who did not care about making them his maids.

I kissed my father on the cheek to cheer on him.

With that alone, my father smiled broadly as he was empowered.

Emperor Jovanes stood on the podium in front of the crowd, and the Emperor's aides brought the medal.

When I saw the back of my father walking to the center, everyone's eyes were on the podium.

There was Perez, standing proudly as a member of the Imperial Family.

Astana, who was now completely in puberty, was also next to the Empress who was staring at Perez with a really stiff face.

Even when she gets older, she still can't manage her facial expressions.

Then suddenly, I looked at Perez. He was still looking at me. Whether it feels good or bad.

The expressionless face, whose inner heart is not well understood, suits the Royal Family 100 times better than Astana.

I smiled at him and turned my face back to the podium.

The appearance of the medal varies depending on the recipient, but my father's medal appeared as a large necklace made of gold.

And another aide was standing behind it.

Like a trophy, it was held in both hands.

"Gallahan Lombardy, come here."

At the Emperor's words, my father knelt in front of him.

"I, Jovanes Canabon Lambrew Durelli, will present this Founding Medal to you."

Unlike when he laughed a while ago, a low, loud voice spoke as if solemnly proclaimed.

“I deserve this medal because I have contributed to my willingness to care for the people of the Lambrew Empire in an ingenious attempt no one has ever thought of.”

A necklace with an imperial seal was hung around my father's neck.

“And your achievements are very good, so I give a special gift to Gallahan Lombardy along with the medal.”