Chapter 06

"Tia, what would you like to have as a birthday present?"

My father asked me when I was watching the servants take out the breakfast bowls.

As a result of a very careful search last night, I was able to find out that I was still seven years old and had about a month left on my eighth birthday.

"A teddy bear! A very big teddy bear, I want to have it!"

I shouted out loud, picking a gift that a seven-year-old child would want.

"But don't you hate dolls?"

"Ah ...."

It ruined.

Since I was a child, I wasn't happy with dolls whether they resemble humans or animals.

I feel like they were alive and moving at night.

I said that I wanted to have a huge teddy bear.

My father looked at me as if it was a little strange, and sweat was flowing behind my back.

"Now, when I think about it. I think dolls are not good."

"Then what would you like to buy?"

"Hmm... ."

I had nothing to remember.

What I want as a gift is a villa in a quiet place or a manor where you can live with money for life?

But I can't ask for something like that.

I must tell you to buy a suitable book or one.

At that time, my father clapped his hands as if he had a good idea.

"Okay! How about a horse, Tia?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you take a foal about one-year-old and put it on and raise it from now on, it will be a great horse by the time you are an adult."

"What......."

I couldn't answer for a moment and blink my eyes.

Horses are expensive.

Depending on how many horses they own, it was an important asset that could measure the size of the owner's or the owning group's property.

The ransom of a horse was the same, but more important was the cost of maintenance.

If you weren't going to feed them and get rid of the excrement, you'd have to hire someone to do the job for you, and you also needed a stable.

There was nothing to say about the vast land where horses could run freely.

Even the average noble family buys horses for their children, but it was a perfect gift for the 18th birthday of adulthood.

"When I was only your age, I received my first horse as a birthday present."

But this is Lombardy.

Such general economic standards were not used.

He is usually a very modest and gentle person, so I sometimes forget it, but my father also a member of the Lombardy family.

With that thought, I stared at my father.

"Huh? Why are you looking at me like that, Tia?"

"It's nothing. But Dad, when that happens, the foal is a no."

I didn't really want to learn horse riding, so I came up with an excuse to refuse.

"You do not want?"