Chapter 144

Plop.

I heard something falling in the quiet conference room between conversations.

When the nobles turned toward the sound, the Second Prince who sitting at the top was silently picking up the minutes of the meeting that had been dropped to the ground.

"Florentia?"

At the completely unexpected name, Emperor Jovanes raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, Gallahan's daughter..., she is the childhood friend of the Second Prince."

Once again, the eyes that had shifted to the Emperor turned to Perez.

As always, the Second Prince silently received the gaze with a expressionless face.

"That's right, that kid."

"But it's not Gallahan? Are you saying you're going to put that girl in charge?"

The Emperor asked curiously.

The same was true of the nobles.

But Lulak answered without embarrassment because he was already expecting such a response.

"Clerivan Pellet of Pellet Corporation, who now has a large supply of Triva wood, is a teacher who has taught Florentia for a long time. My granddaughter acts as a bridge between Lombardy and Pellet."

"Even so... Hmm..."

Despite his explanation, Jovanes' continued frowning made Lulak feel uncomfortable at heartily.

He'll spend his money helping the North with his granddaughter.

He doesn't know what's wrong with Lulak.

In addition, the Emperor should have opened the treasury and settled the matter.

However, knowing that Jovanes is as stingy as the nobles gathered here to spend her own money, Lulak did it himself.

In terms of temperament, a grumpy desire to cancel everything and save money arose, but Lulak endured it thinking of Tia.

Lulak hid his disapproving expression and told the crowd.

"My granddaughter is young, but she's smart enough to invoke in Lombardy's main business. This Lombardy delivery business is also her work."

"Oh, the delivery business!"

"The business was Gallahan's daughter's!" (I don't like how they treat Tia as ONLY 'Gallahan's daughter's)

Fortunately, there was an explosive reaction among the nobles.

All of them visited the delivery business briefing at least once.

The corners of Lulak's mouth crept up without anyone knowing.

His shoulders naturally shrugged, and his nose slightly raised.

"Sure Lombardy! Not only the children, but the grandchildren are wonderful!"

"We don't have any worries because of Lord of Lombardy!"

The atmosphere of the conference hall, which had been rigidly stiff, was loosened for a moment.

Lulak also smiled and nodded secretly because he didn't hate the reaction of those praising his granddaughter.

"Hmm."

In the middle of that amicable moment, Emperor Jovanes could not smile as comfortably.

Obviously, the center of the conference hall is him, the Emperor, and before he knew it, the initiative of the atmosphere was transferred to Lombardy again.