Chapter 148

A few days later.

Migente Ivan entered the office with his father's medicine.

"Come here, Migente."

Lord Ivan, who was sitting in an armchair by the window with a tired face, called Migente.

"I brought you some medicine, Father."

"Well, yes, come here."

Migente looked at his father drinking medicine with a tired face.

The long-suffering chronic disease worsened and not long ago Lord Ivan was able to get up after he was bedridden. The family doctor said he shouldn't overwork himself like this but the Lord didn't listen.

Migente, who knows his father's sincerity that never turns back, decided, instead of stopping Lord Ivan, he shared the work by taking charge of the internal affairs of the territory.

However, that doesn't mean the worry for his father is gone.

"You'll be in big trouble, Father."

"This is not a problem."

Lord Ivan said with a mixed face.

He hasn't slept well a night since the landslide.

When he closed his eyes, the roar on the night of the landslide and the screams of people seemed to come back.

"The people of the lands suffer more than I do."

It was Lord Ivan who felt more responsible for this than anyone else.

And because he knew how his father felt, he silently helped his father with his work, but today he was carefully gathering his courage.

"Why don't you get some relief money?"

But Lord Ivan ignored the words.

He woke up from his seat, pouring all of the medicine left in the bottle into his mouth, and wiping the corner of his mouth with his sleeve.

"I'll be back late tonight. I'll deliver Triva wood to the Onyx estate. In the meantime, take care of the guests of the mansion."

"Isn't this just wood, just send people instead. No, I'll just go. Father, get some rest."

"No, I, the owner of the household, should show my face to ease their resentment."

"If you really want to help them, just accept the Imperial's relief."

"...I'm going to go now."

"Father!"

"Don't you know yet!"

Eventually, there was an old story between him and Imperial Family.

"There's nothing better involved with Durelli's Imperial Family! This happened because Ronchent brought the Imperial Family into Ivan's business!"

Lord Ivan, who screamed until his veins stood on his wrinkled forehead, stumbled for a moment.

Hence in an instant, Migente's eyes lit up.

"Father!"

Migente quickly approached Lord Ivan and helped him sit back in the chair.

"Whoa..."

Lord Ivan said with a deep sigh.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have left the family to Ronchent."

"But my brother had a point. There will be a battle for the throne soon. So there is no harm in cooperating with the Empress' family, Angenas. My brother says that the Crown Prince is the First Prince anyway."