Side Story Ch 4

Alexis bid farewell and left, and now it's just the two of them.

"Are you okay?"

At Karloi's worried face, Lilian smiled once more. Of course, this wasn't a happy thing, but she thought it wasn't something Karloi would be so sad about.

"I told you, you don't have to worry. I have you, Kal."

Seeing Lilian's smile, Karloi was finally relieved.

"You keep saying that. We should be going to the bedroom, I guess."

He was able to live in peace and acted quickly.

"You're at it again?"

"Why? I haven't given you a present yet."

"I won't take it, Your Majesty."

"Why? Isn't that your favorite gift?"

Lillian glanced at Karloi, who is lucky enough to be handsome even if he smiles shamelessly.

"That would be your favorite, Kal."

"I will not deny it. Why don't you come with me to the bedroom as a compliment for my honesty?"

"...I will go with you as a token of admiration for your audacity and persistence."

Despite the slightly shaky acceptance, Karloi was delighted and hugged Lilian at once.

Lilian then whispered, as she wrapped her arms around his neck. A voice flowing with laughter tickled him, and her hair stuck to his neck.

"You know, the truth is... I wanted to go, too."

Karloi ran.

------------------

On the bed, Karloi agonized seriously. What has he lost his mind to?

He knew that almost everyone saw Lilian and regarded Her as an easygoing person.

She doesn't have many mood swings, she is straightforward, and she does not complicate people.

But that's not the case in Karloi's eyes. Lilian always seemed to be halfway thinking of making fun of Karloi.

Just like earlier. She pretended to be sad that she didn't get the gift, then put her arms around his neck and said that she wanted to go to bed with him.

Lilian's subtle playfulness was difficult for anyone other than Karloi to notice, but Karloi liked that fact. The fact that he's the only one who can know about that.

It reminded him of Lou when they were young, and his heart was filled with nothing. Whenever it felt like Lilian's old personality was returning, he always felt that way.

"What are you thinking about?"

Lilian, who was burying her face in Karloi's chest, raised her head and asked.

"Thinking of you."

He was telling the truth, but Lillian laughed as if it was ridiculous.

"Why are you laughing? Do you not think of me?"

"I actually did."

Lilian rested her head on his chest and looked at him.

"I don't want you to be sad anymore when you see me."

"...It wasn't like that."

"The traces that were left were no longer painful."

She knew that Karloi was always sad to see her body.