Ch 57

8.8 The Emperor Wants to Know the Empress (2)
*
*
*
Karloi found the head court lady Mary Ann in the rain and approached her closely.

"...If you get caught, you'll be in trouble, Your Majesty!"

Mary Ann was shouting under a big poplar tree.

When he got close enough to see beyond Mary Ann's back, Karloi stood tall as if he had been struck by lightning. A woman, who was too small, was sitting on the grass floor. As if she wanted to be swept away by the rain.

Mary Ann shook her head in surprise as she managed to feel Karloi's presence in the rain.

"Leave."

At Karloi's command, Mary Ann hesitated for a long time before taking off her muddy feet.

The sound of the fall of rainwater scattered by the gray sky sounded like a long song. He wanted to cover his ears. Seeing a woman in the rain as if she was about to die, he couldn't stand it and wanted to stab himself in the eye.

He doesn't know why he's so angry. Every time Karloi saw Yvonne, he was really going crazy.

He bent his knees before Yvonne. He was furious at Yvonne's incomprehensible eccentricity.

Her thin negligee was badly damaged in the rain. There was a place where it was rolled or ripped. Her feet, calves, and scratches stood in his eyes.

Instead of grabbing Yvonne's shoulder and pressing her, he managed to hold onto reason and put his hand on her shoulder. Yvonne's head slowly raised. However, as soon as he saw the water covering Yvonne's mesmerized face, the string of reason that remained thin was cut off.

"Why?"

Words popped out as if they were suppressed by evil words. It would have been better if he hadn't distinguished rain from tears. Her tears falling incessantly from her big eyes touched his nerves. Uncontrolled emotions rose to the chin, and words didn't come out easily.

"Why on earth...?"

Yvonne's face slowly collapsed after finding out who was the owner of the rough hands wiping off her tears. Now she fled here to avoid him who even dominated her dreams, but to no avail. When she saw him, she had to listen to the Duke. The Duke said he wouldn't forgive her the next time.

"No! Go away. I shouldn't look at you."

Yvonne said sharply. The voice from the broken face was so weak that he wouldn't have been able to hear it if she wasn't right in front of him.

"What the...?!"

"No, don't do this to me."

Karloi grabbed Yvonne's shoulders, who was muttering wildly. Yvonne nervously knocked out Karloi's hand. But there was no power in that hand. Her gestures that couldn't shake a dust off let alone hide her hands, seemed to go mad with anger.

Instead of shaking Yvonne's shoulder, Karloi bit his lip. He kept bothering his lips with anxiety that if he put a little bit of strength on her small body, it would break. He felt fishy.

"No... I really can't. Please, I'd rather you swear at me."

Yvonne began to sob. The sound of sobs pierced Karloi's ear more sharply than the sound of rain. He felt a sharp pain around his chest when he thought it was him who was doing this.

"I'd rather you ignore me like you used to. Don't pretend to be nice, and don't be kind to me."

Yvonne, who was sobbing and muttering, began to beat Karloi's chest. Even him didn't have any power. Receiving a lackluster fist, Karloi forgot his anger and looked at Yvonne.