Ch 41

6.4 The Empress and the Emperor
*
*
*
Frankly, she didn't want to come out of the tower. Yvonne wanted to eat, sleep, and stay next to Denise for three nights and four days.

But when did Yvonne ever get her way? Yvonne was forced to wander around the Duke's house, which she was not interested in, because of the Duke's order that if she was stuck in the tower, Asher would be suspicious of her.

She was in a hurry to return to the estate, so she accepted to be escorted, but now she regrets it. If it weren't for him... Asher really didn't let Yvonne go for a second. He chased around like a dog that saw something to eat.

"Why do you put magic on the tower like that?"

"It's not even magic."

"No, it is. That's some magic. It was some kind of magic. Why are you doing that to the tower?"

Yvonne's ears were about to bleed with his incessant babbling voice. He's so quick to notice. He's not even a wizard, how did he know all kinds of magic were at stake?

"Are you sure there's only a corpse in the tower? What's the fuss about a tower with only a dead body?"

The Empress, who had ignored his existence, suddenly glared fiercely at the word 'body'.

Asher was dumbfounded. Does he have to get that look because he called the remains a dead body? These crazy Delua people!

"Why?"

"Bite the water. People want to be next to their families. Alive or dead..."

"I don't have a family."

Yvonne's face, which had been blunt, softened for a while. She remembered the rumors that Asher was a Mach slave. Mach was the most brutally abusive country of slaves.

"Are they dead?"

"I don't know because they weren't there before."

"...Isn't the Emperor your family now? You seem to rely on him a lot."

Asher suddenly turned the conversation around after being embarrassed out of place.

"You don't look back, do you?"

Asher's honorifics were somewhat awkward. He didn't seem to have learned Croysen's language properly.

Yvonne, who was choosing flowers for Denise in the Duke's garden, did not answer. She didn't have much time to answer all the useless questions.

"I heard that Empresses usually do that for the people of the land."

"That?"

"Exal...tation."

That's what the Empress usually does. Yvonne swallowed an idea.

"Why would the rumored Empress even march to see the commoners?"

Yvonne, who was answering indifferently, turned her head and looked at Asher.

"But why is the escort interested in this? All you have to do is to care about my safety."

Asher looked into the air for no reason to avoid Yvonne's eyes.

He is screwed. If the Empress is confined to the Duke's residence, how can he drag her out? He became resentful to Karloi, who gave this order

Yvonne, who rose with an armful of flowers, strode in front of Asher. Asher's inexperienced attitude reassured Yvonne's conjecture.

From the beginning, she thought Karloi wouldn't have attached an escort for her own safety.