Ch 85

13.4 The Emperor And The Empress (1)
*
*
*
Yvonne lifted her teary face.

"Dunya said that. You're an illegitimate child. Then the Duchess who is said to be dead is not your mother."

Yvonne still had no answer.

"Is your mother in Delua?"

After a long time Yvonne shook her head. He frowned as if Asher was frustrated.

"What do you mean she's not? You're an illegitimate child."

"...I'm telling you the truth."

"Wow, that's crazy. Didn't you come all the way here? Do you know that my neck would fly away because I helped you? I thought I might not be able to speak to His Majesty again! But you can't even tell me?"

"What do you do if I don't? It's not!"

Yvonne yelled at the red flag. Asher was amazed because she had a face that said she was more frustrated with herself.

"No, what do you mean, no! Count Anssen said so! And there was evidence!"

Asher was excited and raised her voice to the best of his life.

"If you tell the truth at least once, will it hurt you? What the hell is the reason for doing this? Will you die of disease if you don't lie...?"

Asher stopped unnaturally in the middle of talking. The shock in his round eyes was visible, and soon there was silence in the accommodation.

"...Can't you say it?"

Tears streamed down Yvonne's eyes.

"What is it, blackmail?"

Yvonne shook her head frantically.

"No, if it's a threat, there's no way this can't be done even when others aren't watching. Magic?"

Yvonne kept shaking her head, but Asher was already lost in his speculation.

"Looks like magic. When you are asked a question, you can't even answer."

Yvonne kept shaking her head, but the cries grew louder.

"Is that magic possible? Where the hell? How? I've never even heard of it. There's such a thing in the world?"

The wizard, who was the owner of Asher before, was quite famous in Mach, but he had never heard of such spiritual magic.

Yvonne is now crying so hard that she can't keep her mouth shut. He won't get a proper answer anyway.

"Looks like you're not supposed to be able to answer anyway."

When Yvonne's cry calmed down a bit, Asher said.

"I must inform His Majesty of my conjecture. I hope the letter arrives in the capital before His Majesty comes down here."

Asher took out a piece of paper. Yvonne seemed to have calmed down and started crying again. The weak cry continued as if it would never stop. There was a constant call for her mother.

For the first time in his life, Asher felt sympathy for others, other than Karloi.

------------------

Everyone shook their heads when Karloi said he would go down to Markia himself. No one felt the need to take such risks. But Karloi was adamant. The way he said he would go down was more than daunting and even threatening.

"This war is as good as Delua's fight against me as it would be funny if I didn't go down."

"If we take Delua and bring him to the capital and execute him, no one will be ridiculed. The weight of the bee determines whether or not to participate."