Ch 108

16.8 The Empress Hates The Emperor (2)
*
*
*

It was the first time Alexis had visited the Empress alone. She wanted to say what she wanted to say to Mary Ann as well, but Alexis didn't say anything.

"Didn't you come here to say something?"

Eventually, Lilian opened her mouth first. Alexis' lips flutter for quite some time after being questioned. Lilian sighed and turned her head away as she looked similar to the people who came to see her these days.

"If you're going to apologize, don't."

An apology from anyone other than that of Hans Delua was meaningless. Besides, what exactly did Alexis do to her? She didn't want to remember, but anyway, it didn't seem like anything had happened.

It was difficult to receive it comfortably because she knew they were all victims. She's more sorry that what was left were only the victims, how disheartening it is to argue. She thought the dead Duke of Delua would be the most comfortable.

"...I quit because you told me not to."

She certainly didn't apologize, but she felt like she had received it.

"And I think you need a new castle, which one do you want... There's also a way to get in as a foster daughter. And..."

Lilian suddenly stared at Alexis, and Alexis blurted the end of the sentence.

"Is it urgent?"

"No, it's not like that."

"It doesn't really matter. It's annoying to even think about. It makes no sense."

Hearing the Empress' voice without any tone, Alexis looked at her face. Compared to when her condition was serious, her body definitely seems to be fine...

But her pale face looked a little too close to the thought that she had calmed down and had gotten better. It looked overly calm.

"I... I want to leave this place right now. I wish you would do something to make that happen."

Alexis recalled the Emperor's words to organize Lasortio. Maybe he noticed the Empress would think of leaving him when she came to her senses.

"Lasortio in Lexem Sorta is empty. We'll have it ready as soon as possible."

Lexem Sorta, a sharp pain passed through her chest as soon as she heard it. The place where Denise wanted to go, the place she told her to go.

Lilian nodded her head, wondering what the hell was going on. She thought of Keana's words that she lived because she hated her mother.

If she did what her mom tells her to do, does this hell really make life worth living? She doesn't think so at all. She thought she'd come to see her even if she had to come.

"Before I go there... I want to go to Delua."

"If it's because of a keepsake... I'll have someone else bring it. It's hard to touch it, so I left it as it is, so I'll tell them to bring it with care."

"No... Rather than that."

She thought she didn't want to see it again because it was a terrible place, but she also thought she wanted to see the last place where Denise took her last breath. It may seem to be looking for traces of nothing left, but she wanted to do so for the sake of tidying up.

It was obvious what Alexis was thinking, looking at her with an unusual expression, so Lilian burst into laughter.

"Do you think I will go that far to die? If I was going to die already anyway... I should have died here long ago."