Side Story Ch 1

Six months have passed since the name of the Croysen's Empress was changed from Yvonne Delua to Lilian Croytan.

It took a considerable amount of time for the rumors, facts, and gossip about the Empress' origins, past, and etc. to dissipate, but in any case, Karloi Croytan did his best to do the difficult job.

It was impossible to shut all the mouths of the ordinary families, but at least the people in the capital and the Palace of Purtu have become wary of the Emperor.

The rebellion of Delua was suppressed more easily than expected, and in the process, the Delua and Anssen families disappeared, and Mach finally took advantage of the conquest of Bernie. It was because of those that the whole situation went in favor of Karloi.

So it's been a really long time.

At the Palace of Purtu, someone expressed his skepticism about the Empress, right in front of none other than the Emperor, who had lost his rudeness in the present days.

"Isn't it inappropriate for the Empress to perform the ceremony? Your Majesty, I am very sorry to mention this in such a disgraceful way, but she is the daughter of Hans Delua and... She is not even a legitimate one."

A quiet shock spread at the conference hall of the Political Palace, where discussions about the Arva Loop, a festival that arrived once again, were in progress.

The person who gave the shock continued as if nothing had happened.

"Please know that I am not saying these things because I have ill intention, Your Majesty. Of course, of course... I am speaking this to Your Majesty because you both have no feelings for each other, just loyalty, but you know, there is something called a socially customary atmosphere."

Alan Rutherson, the young Count of Hage Estate, spoke in a very polite tone.

There was only one day when Purtu was opened to the common people during the Arva Loop Festival, which is usually held for 10 days.

Although only a small part of it is open, not a few people flocked to see the Emperor and Empress.

The whole ceremony was to sprinkle holy water in front of the Emperor and the Empress to wish them well for the year, but people were quite fond of the simple ceremony.

The Count of Hage was saying that Lilian Croytan had nothing to do with it and that she had to be left out of the ceremony.

No one had ever addressed the matter so directly after the heated debate that took place shortly after Lilian finished her recuperation at Lasortio and returned to the post of Empress of Purtu.

Last but not least, the Emperor secretly ruined the business of the nobility who negatively referred to the Empress, mainly about exporting crops to Mach.

Due to this series of circumstances, if anyone mentioned the issue of the Empress' origins these days, they would be treated as wretched people or warned to be on the lookout.

The Count of Hage stood there with a nonchalant face, as if he knew nothing about all this atmosphere.

There was a moment of silence at the conference hall, which was almost on the brink of repercussions after all the agendas were over.

Even this was not common. Karloi Croytan tends to overreact to stories about his wife, but he's not the type of person who doesn't say anything at all.

Such a Karloi Croytan was also briefly speechless, so the Count of Hage's remarks were truly surprising.

Karloi slowly opened his mouth.