Side Story Ch 2

"Oh, Your Majesty, that's not it."

"No? So, the Count of Hage has great beliefs about people's origins, but if it is in his own benefit, can he for a while discard that belief? But as the Emperor, I shouldn't be like that... I guess that's what you mean."

"Not at all, it's not that. Your Majesty, you're mistaken. I didn't know exactly about Lord Morton."

"Yes, wouldn't it be good to know better from now on? It hasn't been long since you came up to the capital, so it's no wonder that you didn't know. So, please stay for a while and take some time to get to know me and the Empress."

The Count of Hage, who was staring at the Emperor, who made the meeting seem to be over in an instant, managed to open his mouth.

"But, Your Majesty..."

"Well, everyone will be busy, so that's it for today."

As soon as the Emperor got up from his seat, the meeting ended in an instant.

Alexis lightly blocked the Count of Hage, who tried to follow the Emperor, with the thought of resolving the misunderstanding.

"Let me talk to you for a second, Count."

"Yes? But Duchess Dunya..."

Intercepted by Alexis Dunya, the Emperor left the conference hall like the wind.

"Now. Let's talk."

Alexis once again spoke with emphasis. Karloi did his best today, so isn't it time for her to do her best?

"Duchess..."

However, Alexis felt uneasy when she saw the Count of Hage's serious eyes.

A zealous idiot was harder to deal with than a mean slugger.

------------------

The start of the day was truly impeccable.

He doesn't know why, but Lilian seemed to be in a very good mood. From the moment he woke up in the morning, Lilian's face was half full of smiles. Karloi liked the way she looked.

When he went to the Political Palace, Lilian even kissed him first. When Karloi looked at her in surprise, she even kissed him one more time.

Lilian will never know what Karloi endured today with that adorable brazenness, but anyway, it was a great start to the day.

Until that idiot bastard, the Count of Hage, started talking nonsense.

Walking at a frightening pace to the Empress' Palace, Karloi pondered what to do with a pathetic idiot who didn't even know the subject.

When he arrived at the Empress' separate room, only her handmaidens, not Lilian, greeted Karloi.

"Her Majesty is still in the Oval Office... Should I send a message that Your Majesty is here?"

Lilian seemed busy preparing for the festival. Karloi shook his hand lightly. He thought that was better.

He didn't want to make Lilian sad with useless stories from the Political Palace, but it was also because he wasn't confident that his expression was well organized.

Sitting on the chair in her separate room, Karloi waited quietly, holding his breath a few times...

His love was so tender that she did not keep him waiting long.

"You finished earlier than expected, Kal?"

Despite Karloi's concerns, as soon as the door to the separate room opened and Lilian's voice was heard, his expression relaxed. It was that easy.