Ch 105

16.5 The Empress Hates The Emperor (2)
*
*
*

"How did the Bernie's wizard and the Duke get to know each other?"

"I didn't know how. But it was fourteen years ago when the wizard first came to Delua."

It was fourteen years ago when he first met Lilian. Karloi's face hardened.

"Lady Yvonne died and he was brought in a few days later. He wanted the Duke to dispose of the servants who knew that the lady was dead. Quite a number of them were used as test subjects for the Bernie's wizard and went crazy and died on the street without knowing who they were..."

Everything he uttered in a calm tone was grotesque and cruel.

"He just killed the rest and dumped them in the dark forest. And he brought the lady, or the present Empress, to the Delua mansion, then the wizard cast a spell on the dark forest."

"What was he getting in return?"

"Did he get the money?... I don't know exactly. He said that he was kicked out of Bernie at the time. Oh, and he gave the Dukes some poison."

At that time, it was possible to guess who was behind the Duke of Delua, who actively tried to poison him.

"And he gave him some magic stone to use when he had a need to contact him, but I remember that the Duke probably just threw it away in the dark forest at that time."

"Dumped it?"

Alexis answered Karloi's question.

"Did I tell you? Delua doesn't like being involved with Bernie that much. But he was the only one who could use the level of magic he wanted, so he probably used him."

"What else are you going to cover that crazy bastard?"

Mary Ann's son flinched for a while at the sudden cursing of the Emperor.

"And when did they meet again?"

"It was after the marriage between the lady and His Majesty was decided. He turned the dark forest upside down to find the magic stone... Anyway, he found it and cast a non-disclosure magic on the employees who didn't die fourteen years ago, and Lou, or the Empress. And hang it on the tower."

The secretary brought by Alexis wrote down Jimmy's statement like crazy. He was next to him the whole time. The memory was so detailed.

"How did Delua find out that the Bernie's wizard was about to stab him in the back?"

"The suspicion came pretty quickly. He had his suspicions ever since, because the wizard kept insisting on getting military aid from Bernie."

"The military power isn't overwhelming, but it's a rebellion that deserves such an argument."

"It's because of that. It is true that the Duke got nervous and revolted, but the wizard continued to persuade him that it was possible... As if he'd been waiting for the rebellion, he kept bringing up Bernie's original story."

"I'm surprised he had the pride not to borrow Bernie's hands."

Karloi muttered, but Alexis was not surprised. Perhaps it was only herself who knew Hans Delua best in this Purtu. She could actually vaguely guess why he rebelled with such poor power.

Hans Delua had done crazy things twice. One time was the kidnapping of Karloi, and the second time was this rebellion. Both times happened because his plans were ruined by Dunya. He's crazy about her personality.

And Delua, whom Alexis Dunya knew, was never a man who would receive Bernie's military power. Delua's power came from his confrontation with Bernie, who always used Bernie in the right way, but did not want to take the initiative.