Ch 96

15.4 The Empress Hates The Emperor (1)
*
*
*

For a moment, his head rang, so Karloi stared blankly at Lilian.

"Please... Kill me."

Fear has taken a bite out of Karloi. He couldn't say a word and stiffened himself into the spot. Lilian's face clouded over whether she thought his reaction was a rejection.

"Please, I beg you..."

Tears flowed down her face with a pleading voice.

"It hurts so much. I can't take it anymore... You can do this much. Please..."

Lilian, who was sobbing, closed her eyes as if in agony. Even with closed eyes, pain flowed constantly. The tears tore through Karloi's chest. She was sincerely asking for a favor that he couldn't possibly accept.

If he'd rather die, he could have done so. But how...?

To Lilian, who asked him to do something he could not do, Karloi could not give a positive or negative answer.

"I'm sorry..."

He ended up saying what he had repeated countless times.

"I'm sorry. I..."

Lilian shook her head hard at the sight of Karloi, who could not speak.

"If you're sorry, then listen. You can do this for me."

It meant that the only thing that Karloi could do for Lilian was to kill her.

"Lou..."

Karloi cried like a child. Like a child who cries more after making a mistake. There was no way to reverse the mountainous wrong past.

"I'd rather kill myself..."

Lilian shook her head when she saw Karloi, who was suffocated by the tears of repentance.

"Just because you die doesn't mean I won't be sick... Come on, Kal, you can do this for me."

How could she think of such a thing? Karloi felt like he was being punished without end.

"How can I...?"

How does she think he can kill her?

The thought didn't come out until the end. Because a terrible realization came upon him.

Hasn't he already killed her many times, countless times? He wished her dead...

He felt nauseous and a terrible weight came up. The death piled up and now Lilian was like this. He was the one who could kill her for Lilian.

"I..."

His mouth shut again. There was nothing he could say. It was none other than Mary Ann who stopped the meaningless conversation full of pain and tears.

"No!"

Mary Ann, who listened to the Empress absent-mindedly, came close at one point and sat down at the foot of the bed and cried.

"You haven't even found Denise yet. Your Majesty... No. You still have to see Denise. So wait just a little bit..."

It was not known how effective the words were, but Lilian stopped pleading for death. Instead, she sobbed and looked for Denise. Then, not long afterwards, she became quiet again, as if she had run out of energy.

Scared of the silence, Karloi wanted to call Lilian's name, but he couldn't bring himself to say it. Karloi, who couldn't do this or that and was only staring at Lilian, so the physician carefully informed that she was only asleep.