Ch 26

4.7 The Emperor Does Not Know the Empress
*
*
*
Karloi had arrived first, just like the last time, and was waiting for Yvonne. Until then, he had always made Yvonne wait on purpose, but when he invited her, the tables had turned.

Yvonne said that she would be on time, so he wouldn't have to wait very long, and it was strange to feel a strange nervousness.

Looking around the third garden and on the table, not a single Rituna flower was seen, Karloi drank the medicine that the physician gave him last time without saying anything. The thought of seeing Yvonne made him feel uncomfortable again.

It was for the same reason that he had not sought Yvonne in the past. No, he didn't look for it, but for ten days, Karloi had been plagued with thoughts of Yvonne. Halfway through, Yvonne's figure invaded his head like a ruthless enemy.

It started with Yvonne's image with tears in her eyes. The way she mumbled his nickname, the way she drank the poison and collapsed, and the way she hugged his head.

All of them were images that drove Karloi crazy. Why is it so unwelcome and even more annoying to think of those things as proof that she has a crush on him?

At times like this, Karloi tried to think of Yvonne, who was arrogant and bad-tempered, but in the end it was neither, nor did he feel more strange. And evoking only some vain memories.

He had said that he would separate her from the Duke, but it was a blatant lie. The more he looked at the Empress, the more strange she was than the Duke.

"I'll turn."

To Karloi's self-talk, Gorten responded with an understandable expression.

"Do you hate Her Majesty so much?"

Seeing Karloi going crazy even before the meal started, such a question came to mind. Why do you do things that you don't like?

Gorten had been with him since he was very young, but Karloi was a difficult person to understand. When Karloi wanted to be predictable, he did something out of the ordinary.

"Can it be good?"

It was an answer to Gorten's question, but strangely it didn't sound like an answer, it sounded like a question.

It was too romantic for a person who wasn't good. Preparing a meal in the garden.

Soon after, they heard the servants announce that the Empress had arrived.

Seeing Yvonne as she entered the garden, Gorten's eyes widened to the size of gold coins. He knew that the Empress was a beautiful woman, but seeing that she radiates a more intense beauty today, it seems that her handmaidens made up their minds.

It was true that it was good to see the growing Emperor and Empress side by side. The fact that the Empress was the daughter of Delua made him feel sorry for her.

When he glanced at Karloi, his expression was still motionless. No, he was smiling, but it was obviously a polite smile.

It was strange that Karloi, who usually had a good fake expression, was acting awkward, and Gorten quietly clicked his tongue. Of course, just inside so they can't hear it.

"Your Majesty."

"Empress, please have a seat."

Yvonne sat on the chair, glancing around the beautiful flowers in full bloom.

Yvonne, who walks around the garden when bored, has never been to the main palace or the garden near the Emperor's palace. The scent of flowers, not overpowering, was carried in the wind.