Ch 13

2.4 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
She regretted that day. The day she went to his side without leaving him who cries alone.

"...Kal?"

It seemed that Kal was stuck in front of her cloudy eyes. This can't be.

Yvonne, who had drunk a poison, saw Kal with a distorted expression. He looked like the child from her past.

But... It's not Kal. It's all the grown Karloi.

This was just a dream, as there was no way that Karloi would make that expression.

Yvonne closed her eyes again. She was in a dream, a place where no one would bother her.

----------------

By the time the sun rose in the morning, she was still next to him, and she found out a few things about Kal.

She found out that he was a very precious child, and that made the person behind this, who aims for something in his family, into kidnapping Kal.

"How long do you have to hold on to that little boy? Since the time we received the advance payment, there has been no contact."

"We need to wait a little. Besides, don't you know? If we make a mistake, our throat will be blown first."

"Huh, I'm so unlucky..."

However, there were a few things she found out while running errands for gangsters over the course of a few days. The deal with Kal's parents is not very good.

The thugs were thinking that the time might come when they really had to kill the boy.

Kal took Lilian's advice for a few days, shut up and stayed quiet, but after a while, he started rebelling again. He seemed to have noticed that the situation wasn't good for him.

He was so persistent that Kal would get caught in three attempts to escape and be beaten again. Kal, who was quiet while being hit, only cried after the thugs disappeared at night. He was a man with dirty pride.

"Get lost."

The harsh words flowed through the crying sound. It seemed to be a curse to Lilia.

"Get lost."

No matter how much Lilian took care of his wounds, brought food, and stayed with him at night, his fundamental resentment against her did not disappear.

In a place filled with blood and tears, Lilian, who is the only one who had humanity in her, seemed to not be enough for him as if he hates her for not giving much help.

"Don't go."

Then, if Lilian tried to leave again, Kal would grab her without fail. Sometimes Lilian used to think, 'Is this the feeling of the mother bird watching the baby bird?'

"It's my fault... Don't go."

Who can throw out a boy who holds tears in his pretty golden eyes? Perhaps, if Kal showed this to the rude thugs, she thought that they might release him. No matter how much blood or tears was there on him, wouldn't there be a sense of beauty?

"You should be able to get out soon. No matter how long you have been here, in the end, you'll be back home."

Lilian comforted him poorly. It was actually a lie.

Some people returned home as corpses, and some people couldn't return at all since they were thrown into the dark forest somewhere.

The dark forest was the place where the trees grew with dead bodies as nourishment.