Ch 62

9.5 The Empress Does Not Know the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
Yvonne called the physician Marlon, recalling Ellie, a handmaiden who had listened to her faithfully for a week.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yes. Is there any inconvenience?"

Marlon, a physician who magically removed the scar that was trying to sneak in and out of her skin, tilted his head to Yvonne's question.

"No. I asked just in case."

"The Duke told me to put in a stovepipe as soon as you have a baby but... Not yet."

Given Marlon's words, she guessed the Duke was really expecting her for pregnancy. Increasingly, she felt uncomfortable with the unknown thoughts of the Duke.

Marlon seems to think Yvonne is also interested in pregnancy. Yvonne let him be so mistaken. In fact, she asked because she was worried that she might be addicted to the poison, but seeing Marlon's reaction, Yvonne was relieved.

After tea time, Lady Anssen, who was sweeping the table and floor, was so annoying so she eventually drank it all. That's why she was anxious. Still, for a few days now, she seemed to have to prevent Karloi from coming to the Empress's Palace. The Duke wouldn't care this much because he'd think she fed him a lot in the beginning.

Mary Ann called Yvonne, who was sitting in the drawing room and organizing her thoughts.

"Your Majesty, Lady Anssen wants to see you again, but she is not alone..."

Lady Anssen appeared behind Mary Ann. Yvonne got up from the chair where she was sitting, wondering if anyone had left the palace to pick her up.

Count Anssen is not the duke, so he wouldn't even come to visit her.

Behind Lady Anssen, who bends her knees to be polite, a sly-looking man appeared. It was her first time seeing that man. However, from the black hat to the clothes, the dark hair and the dark eyes emanating from it were familiar.

"...Fior?"

The man greeted with a big smile.

"Lady, no... Your Majesty."

When Bernie's wizard greeted and gestured, Mary Ann and Lady Anssen, who had been wary, stepped aside. Yvonne looked at what she had never seen before with frowned eyes. There were not one or two questions to ask.

"You're a man now? Last time you came here, you were disguised as a handmaiden."

"Well. It's different now than it was then."

(What's the difference? Is there a time when you're a handmaiden or a man? A funny person.)

Yvonne only swore inwardly.

Yvonne glanced at his neck, but saw nothing but a string of necklaces, and the center of the necklace was tucked into his shirt. Without that, wouldn't even that damn wizard be able to do that magic?

"Why did we come all the way here? It's not yet time for the magic to unravel. There'll be a long way left."

"I'm here for a moment because the Duke sent me. The letter says he's not relieved."

"Is he so busy with what he has to do at the estate?"

Fior closed his eyes and smiled, but the folded eyes seemed to gleam for some reason.

"Even if he was busy, it is not something Your Majesty should be curious about. Anyway, the Duke says it's time to get rid of the Queen."

"...Why?"