Ch 80

12.6 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (2)
*
*
*
Alexis understood Karloi's mind halfway for the first time. Even though she is not surprised, she was shocked when she investigated the case.

She didn't believe in Delua's daughter, but she didn't think she would kill Karloi. But it was more than she thought, too. She was still Delua's daughter.

"I tried to find the handmaiden who put the poison in, but she wasn't there. The head court lady sent her out of the palace."

Even the Empress and head court lady showed thoroughness in destroying evidence. The handmaiden disappeared a day before the rebellion.

"I even sent the old teacup to the scholars. I don't think it's poison from Croysen, given that the investigation takes a long time."

At Alexis' report, Gorten gasped and shut himself up, and Asher opened his mouth.

Did she really do such a scary thing? Asher was dizzy in the head. Was she capable of such a thing? But Yvonne in prison didn't look that way at all.

Karloi began to touch the map again. But the words came out later than that.

"What did the Empress say?"

It was a gentle way of speaking without a single note. The reaction alone seemed like a completely unsurprised person.

"She won't tell me until you come..."

"Doesn't that person look like a really good person?"

Suddenly Karloi raised his head and asked. Alexis couldn't answer a question she couldn't read and had to ask again blankly.

"She's good at using things like this. It's great that she's using it to use me even though she's already been caught."

It's not angry, it's just a simple appreciation, and Alexis can't find words to reply to.

Karloi put aside the map as if he had finished his work.

"I think we should send a message to the Marchioness of Markia."

Karloi went back to the subject of rebellion, seemingly not caring about Yvonne's story. Alexis also responded in spite of the atmosphere.

"What should I say?"

"I don't think Bernie's going to move any more anyway, so leave the minimum number of people behind and go to the Delua border."

"Everything?"

"I think we'll have to make a full attack there."

"Oh, yes."

After hearing the smooth command, Alexis then succeeded in getting the right answer. Karloi looked at Alexis and Asher with a curious face.

"Why, is there anything else you want to say?"

"Oh, no."

"I'll try to find the Empress later. Asher, what else are you doing?"

Asher shook his head, trembling. He was fearless even in the war, but only in this situation did he look afraid. It was clear that Karloi really went completely insane.

Alexis dragged Asher and Gorten out of office without saying a word. Asher and Gorten continued to look at Karloi with anxious eyes as they left. They seemed to be worried that he would go crazy.

But Alexis knew. Karloi will not do that now. Until they get Delua, he'll have a half-baked mind. It was a very fortunate misfortune.

In the office where everyone left, Karloi leaned slowly against the chair with his fingers crossed. In his dream, he was always submerged in deep water, making it difficult to breathe. He saw Lilian's body there.