Ch 15

3.1 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
When she was awakened in a dream that shook her and held her like a living monster, Yvonne thought that it was fortunate that she never slept with Karloi.

Karloi would not miss this opportunity. He might even try to throw her out on charges of being crazy.

Instead of Yvonne, the women who went into Karloi's bedroom were usually handmaidens working in the Imperial Palace. Sometimes they were handmaidens, and sometimes they were women who seemed to be brought from outside.

The message he conveyed was transparent, but on the other hand, it was so clumsy for a man, who had never even given a glance to a woman before marrying Yvonne, suddenly becoming like this.

Occasionally, some women, who were more afraid of the Duke's prestige than the Emperor Karloi himself, would puke out the fact that they weren't even asked, by kneeling down as if praying when they encountered Yvonne in the palace.

"Nothing really happened! The Emperor didnt touch even the tip of my hair, I swear!"

It seemed to them that Yvonne would carry the Duke on her back, and kill them without even knowing.

It was no surprise that they thought so. Anyway, Karloi is not a rumored person to kill someone out of the ordinary, while the Duke is notorious for killing people like flies.

She doesn't know if they were talking like that because nothing really happened between Karloi and them, or if they were just scared and lied, but either way, it wasn't bad for Karloi.

Obviously, what happened in the bedroom must have been sternly ordered that they should never talk about it outside, but it's useless. Even the Imperial Palace seemed to be unable to completely become a space for Karloi.

Karloi quickly quit calling women who performed in his bed, as if he had realized that this clumsy thing had no effect.

So, when Karloi suddenly said that he will make Keana the Queen, Yvonne vaguely thought that it would be just an extension of that stupid thing.

It was more effective to turn the country upside down, rather than to play around in the bedroom.

Of the four continents, only Croysen and Lartua had allowed it, but Croysen's system was ineffective for 200 years.

The Queen was an unrealistic institution in Croysen, so everyone was wondering how he remembered such existence.

What changed her mind was when Karloi brought Keana to lunch.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, Empress. I was deeply absorbed with the feeling of being in love for the first time that I couldn't think of."

Karloi looked happy. Above all, Keana Roden... She does not know.

Even Yvonne herself thought that she would love to be someone like Keana Roden.

Yes, she wondered how much he wanted her to be his wife. Because of the Duke, he couldn't even kill her, so he saved the dead system for that woman instead.

Suddenly, she remembered what Kal had said in her childhood.

Kal used to speak of a simple dream of wanting to live well with the one he loves. Yvonne thought at that time that it was a dream that a mere child should not be dreaming of.

The old voice that she doesn't want to think of is overlaid with the current appearance of Karloi. Karloi's appearance to Keana shows a face he has never shown to her.

Strangely, her hands kept shaking. It's not even night, but why do the things that she had buried come back to life?

Yvonne struggled to hold on to the place by giving strength to her hand.