Ch 135

20.4 Kal And Lou (2)
*
*
*

Karloi didn't seem to want to face Lilian unless he had to. Because he ate inside his bedroom with the excuse of hurting his back.

Maybe it's because he doesn't deal well with not only Lilian, but with other people as well, so Asher's visits are increasing. Mary Ann hated him at first, but now she sees Asher entering the bedroom as he pleases, and she gives him something to eat. He looked like an animal raised in the bedroom.

"Is it really good? Or are you just hungry all day?"

Jane asked as if she was genuinely curious when she saw Asher eating whatever she gave.

"It's delicious."

Asher replied, clearing the empty plate.

"Try this, too. Is this good, too?"

Jane was laying out Mach's food and feeding Asher one by one, as if she was experimenting.

"Croysen's food is bland."

Asher mumbled and muttered. Somehow, she never saw him eating well in Croysen, so it seemed that he didn't like it. As soon as he came to Mach, the amount of food that Asher ate increased rapidly. Lilian often looked at them while painting. Painting a garden in Purtu that rains in her memory.

The Emperor of Mach stopped by Lilian's bedroom and looked at Denise's paintings, and brought her tools so she could draw quite comfortably. It was a watercolor instead of an oil painting.

"You have a unique hobby. I'm going to draw my own picture."

Millenin Noka said so, as her eyes sparkled.

After watching for a few days, Millenin was so self-indulgent that she felt a little tired of her, but she was easier to deal with now than she was at first. She doesn't know where she heard of Lilian's situation, but her attitude toward Lilian was strangely gentle.

She would come out of the blue and show Lilian simple magic with her hands while she was painting, or tell her stories of Karloi in his childhood, which was also interesting, and later Lilian welcomed her.

Compared to Keana, who showed enthusiastic and diverse reactions as if she was a theater audience, Lilian's reaction seemed to be boring, but Millenin didn't seem to care much.

Rather, she used to show more strange magic or talk more stimulatingly to draw a response from Lilian, whether she felt a strange desire to win her or not. She was a rather funny woman.

It was sometimes unbelievable that such a woman with pointless mischief had killed three of her husbands herself. Millenin never went into detail about that.

Of course, even though she got used to all this, she was not very fond of the country of Mach. It was still a strange country.

"Come to think of it, I heard that the Mahit Observatory is very nice. I think it'd be nice to stop by before I leave. I want to go to a good place in Mach at least once."

Asher, who was eating with his head down at Lilian's words, reacted quickly.

"I know that place. Can we go now?"

"Huh? You said you didn't want to go out."

"I'm tired of being inside all this time."

How long has he been...

Contrary to Lilian's lukewarm response, Jane agreed. Jane and Asher hit it off pretty well.

"Right, there's nothing to do. Mom, let's go together. It's such a waste of time to come all the way to Mach."