Ch 30

5.3 The Empress Wants to Know the Emperor
*
*
*
A capable physician penetrates the constitution with a single examination and heals the body with simple healing magic. Even if Gorten dies, he had no intention of presenting the Emperor to Delua's physician.

Yvonne nodded, and Mary Ann went out to call the physician with an unpleasant face. For Yvonne, all this was just dark. She wasn't even motivated to say anything to Gorten. There was nothing to say with his determination to protect the son, whose parents had died from the Duke of Delua's hands, from the daughter of that very Duke.

"Your Majesty, how much did you take the medicine I gave you?"

The Emperor's physician, who arrived shortly afterward, consulted and asked with a serious face.

"He drank a bottle or two almost every day."

Gorten was the one who answered. It was because Karloi couldn't answer himself.

"Pardon? Are you saying there was such frequent congestion?"

"Oh, well, it's true that you made a proper medical examination. What happened is that I feel uncomfortable every day."

The physician frowned.

"Your Majesty, was it correct that you had a congestion?"

"...I just felt a little nauseated."

"Your Majesty, the drug will cause serious pain if it was overdosed on in a healthy stomach."

"No, I mean, you left so much of that kind of medicine!"

The physician became embarrassed. No, at first it was a congestion. The Emperor calmed the enraged head man whether he still understood the injustice.

"...Gorten, please shut your mouth."

He doesn't know what the fuss is about in the Empress' bedroom.

Karloi has been feeling frustrated again by Yvonne's gaze looking at him.

The physician sensitively read the Emperor's symptoms.

"Your Majesty, have there been any annoyances or inconveniences these days? I think it started about a month ago. When that happens often, it will kind of make you frustrated. You don't need to take medicine, you have to solve the problem."

"...There is no such thing, so just give me painkillers and go back."

Karloi replied, but everyone in the bedroom was thinking the same thing. In a month, there was only one thing new to Karloi.

Frequent meetings with Yvonne.

The moment Yvonne understood her courteous words of 'an annoying and uncomfortable thing', Yvonne wanted to cover her own face. Because she didn't even know what kind of expression she was making right now.

"Gorten, I'm really okay now, so get out."

"But Your Majesty..."

"Is there still more rudeness left to do?"

He bowed his head toward Yvonne like a puppy, who realized that Gorten was just stabbed by Karloi's sharp words.

"I was frivolous and ruthless, Your Majesty, the Empress. I will take the punishment seriously."

At first he had suspected that Yvonne had done anything, but it was just because of a simple drug overdose. Of course, he knew that Yvonne herself was the cause of that overdose, but that fact also sharpened Yvonne's nerves.

"Gorten..."

Yvonne talked to Gorten in a quiet voice. Gorten leaned deeper.

"If I had decided to do harm to Your Majesty, what would have happened?"