Ch 82

13.1 The Emperor And The Empress (1)
*
*
*
The Emperor's physician jumped out of the wind in his pajamas and ran to the Emperor's bedroom. It was no longer surprising to receive such a sudden call in the morning.

"No, in that case, it would be better for me to just sleep in the bedroom with him. What is this he's doing almost every day?"

Catching up with Gorten's steps, a renowned physician grumbled.

"He doesn't like anyone being around. What can I do?"

Gorten stamped his feet and opened the bedroom door. The physician approached the bed, frowning at the sound of Karloi gasping. Pieces of broken bottles rolled around beside the bed.

"Your Majesty."

Karloi was grimacing, unable to answer. The physician pulled out a piece of glass from his hand. Karloi's breathing calmed down a little as he truly used magic.

"...After."

"Yes?"

"Bring the Empress."

That's what he said when he murmured in a hoarse voice. The physician nodded roughly and drugged him with a blank look. It was because he got used to it now.

Sometimes it's Lou, sometimes it's the Empress. Everyone said it was the Emperor, but did it mean that he had many female names to call like this?

No, the physician nonchalantly corrected his thoughts. In fact, the name of the Empress is never called, so technically, it does not call many names.

Karloi, who had been immersed in soothing magic and calming medicine, stretched out like a wet cloth and leaned on the bed.

"Gorten."

Karloi found Gorten. While the physician was treating Karloi's hands, Gorten approached him.

"Bring her in, now."

"...The Empress isn't here now, Your Majesty."

"That doesn't make sense."

Karloi, who was drunk with alcohol and has been drugged, spoke more and more.

"She's not there, but she keeps showing up. She keeps crying loudly. I keep hearing her and it's driving me crazy."

The physician put the cloth in Karloi's hands.

"She's the one who lied."

Only Karloi's voice continued to spread throughout the bedroom as Gorten remained silent.

"But I think I'm the crazy one. I don't understand that."

"Your Majesty."

"That's what it looks like. I'm a completely insane bastard."

In a low voice, swearing continued like a murmur.

Yes, it's crazy. The physician finished the treatment by thinking to himself. The Emperor's condition is confidential, so he won't tell it anywhere, but he was very worried about the state of the country.

When Karloi stopped talking, Gorten took the physician out of the bedroom.

"...Please give me a place which is closer to His Majesty's for me to move in."

The physician murmured with a tired face. Gorten also nodded with a similar face. It was still dark outside at dawn when the sun was not rising. It's been a day since the Empress disappeared.

------------------

The fact that Asher disappeared with Yvonne was confidential to the outside world. Because he can't lose a few of Karloi's closest aides to treason.