Ch 74

11.7 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (1)
*
*
*
Imprisoned in the Empress' Palace, Yvonne was trying to figure out the situation. So, it means that he came back and brushed up on Lady Ruen, who kept her mouth shut with an unknown face.

Yvonne had never screamed even after entering the palace. Because that's the case, there was no need for it. But at this moment, she was filled with indescribable rage. She wanted to make a sound, whether anyone heard it or not.

Karloi is firmly misunderstood, and it is hard to believe no matter how much she hears that the Duke of Delua revolted. First of all, what happened to Denise? Her heart kept beating ominously whether she was really in the gates or not. She didn't have a clue at all.

After she stopped Mary Ann with her one hand from screaming at Ruen, Yvonne moved closer to Ruen. Her head lowered as Yvonne looked down at her Ruen with her pale face. Unable to withstand her burning eyes of cold anger, Ruen lowered her gaze, but Yvonne held her chin and lifted it.

"Ruen, you know that my situation doesn't make sense right now."

A low voice fell right down her ear. The anger felt even in a calm atmosphere made Ruen cringe. The expression of the Empress, who always lived as if she had no emotion, was unfamiliar and scary.

"Even if you tell me everything, there is nothing I can do. Because no one will believe me. I can't do anything to you. I have no idea what to do."

The Empress' hand, which held her chin, did not have much strength in it, but strangely, she couldn't resist it, so Ruen couldn't swallow and looked into the Empress' eyes. The eyes of the Empress, who seemed to have no emotion at all, were as bitter as they are at this moment.

"But if you don't tell me, if you don't explain anything, I can't stand it and I don't know what to do with you. What can you regret in this situation?"

The end of Yvonne's voice trembled slightly, and her cold hand passed by Ruen's chin and touched her neckline gently. Lady Ruen shrank slightly at the cool touch.

"So, answer my question. What was the Duke trying to convey?"

"That's... There was none."

Yvonne's eyes narrowed to a more tactful answer.

"What? Nothing?"

"The Duke only ordered me to bring you to the gate. I made it up to say that he has something to deliver. He said that if you don't want to come out, that will somehow work..."

"Then there was nothing at the palace's gates?"

"Yes..."

At Ruen's answer, Yvonne's hand fell off. The Empress seemed strangely half relieved, half still angry.

Before Ruen could take a breather, Yvonne came close to Ruen again.

"Why did you try to drag me through the gates?"

"I don't know the details either. I'm telling you."

Ruen answered urgently. It was half true and half false. She knew the Duke did it to hold the Empress in the palace.

But what Ruen didn't know was 'why?'. Why does he put such pressure on his daughter without giving a single explanation? Furthermore, considering the rest of the work he had ordered, she wondered if he was abandoning the Empress.

Yvonne grabbed Ruen's shoulder with an angry face again, as if she didn't believe the answer at all. But she couldn't ask anymore.

"What are you doing?"