Ch 6

1.6 The Emperor Hates The Empress
*
*
*
Karloi's words were consequently correct.

After he went to the palace, the work went on in a flash. As soon as the date of the Queen's ceremony was set, and everything was finished like beads were threaded into a thread.

Thus, Gorten doubted that the Empress was just really deliberately delaying work. He doesn't know how she persuaded the Duke, for the Duke didn't go to the palace anymore.

"Didn't I tell you? If the Empress had only made up her mind, it would have been possible to finish the work quickly."

Karloi's seemed to be very uncomfortable saying that, so Gorten didn't say anything, which was a wise choice.

In fact, after visiting the palace, Karloi became frustrated. He was often caught up in the mood when he remembered Yvonne's appearance as if she had gone out of her mind.

Why the hell is she doing that? What is the point of harming herself? What is her reason for behaving like such a crazy person?

Karloi, who was reading the report from the Empress' palace, paused for a while.

"Gorten. Are you sure of the date for the Queen's ceremony?"

"Yes, I'm sure, because we're preparing according to the Empress' plans."

"...Did the Empress choose the date herself?"

"She must've chosen it. Why, what day is it?"

The day set for the Queen's ceremony was the date of the Duchess of Delua's death anniversary.

So it was the day that the Duke's wife, and the Empress' birth mother, died.

Karloi didn't even want to know this useless information. However, there was an incident that made the day unforgettable.

Shortly after Karloi was enthroned, he had turned the Delua estate upside down with various excuses, such as tax investigations, and investigations on the possession of illegal imports.

The first thing he did with the troops taken from the Duke of Delua, was to investigate the Duke's land and house. But unfortunately, nothing useful came out.

All of them were small charges, and there was nothing that could lead to confiscation of property or deprivation of his position.

But that day was the Duchess' death anniversary.

In the Imperial Palace, the Duke of Delua did something insane for a few days, asking how dare the Emperor give this ordeal on his saddest day. He self-consciously believed that Karloi deliberately picked up that very day.

Karloi sent the Duke of Delua the blade from a guillotine used at the execution site due to the Duke's sad circumstances. He was sending a message to the world that he would not stop until he died. The nobles then rose to their feet, as though waiting for the appropriate moment.

Karloi's acts derive from his status as a rash Emperor. They said that they would not serve an Emperor on the verge of defeat, and demanded that he apologize to the loyal Duke and reward the loyal servant.

Anyway, Karloi could never forget that day.

If the duke found that date an unfortunate date, it should be the same for his daughter, but she had set the Queen's ceremony's date on the late Duchess' death anniversary.

Is she saying she's going to have a party on the day that her mother died?

"Let's announce it as it is."