Ch 91

14.6 The Emperor And The Empress (2)
*
*
*
The Duke of Delua sat leaning all over the glass tube. She felt like he was staring blankly at the body in the glass tube.

When she doubted whether he was alive, his head turned to her. When Yvonne saw his face, she almost screamed, as she nearly sat down. He didn't look like a human at all. With no flesh on his face, his cheekbones were exceptionally thin. His reddened eyes showed bare blood, and he was disgusting.

Even after seeing Yvonne, the Duke opened his mouth a long time later.

"How did you get here? I can even hallucinate now. Damn wizard."

It sounded like he was talking to himself, not to Yvonne. It was a terrible voice, iron scratching.

"...Where's my mom?"

The Duke's eyes were wide for a moment. He seemed to realize that Yvonne was really here.

"Where did you put my mother, you son of a b*tch!"

Eventually, the impatient Yvonne screamed. Striding closer to the Duke, Yvonne felt something blocking her feet and casually looked down at the floor. As soon as she realized what it was, Yvonne sank to the floor with a short scream.

It was a human leg. As her eyes went up from the leg, she saw a familiar face.

"...Fior?"

Yvonne whispered. The Bernie's wizard was dead, and there was blood around him. It was a corpse, and Yvonne covered her mouth and trembled.

"...That crazy guy was feeding me medicine."

The Duke murmured with unfocused eyes.

"He said he was thrown out of Bernie, but it was a lie... He took advantage of me... He took advantage of me! He was the son of that damn princess! He was a bastard that was sent by Bernie!"

An intrusive voice grew louder and louder.

Yvonne trembled and approached Fior's body. When she touched his neck, she got goosebumps from the cold touch. With her trembling hands, she untied the purple necklace from Fior's neck and put it in her arms.

"He encouraged me to devour this country! How dare that Bernie's bastard use me?!"

She didn't understand what the hell he meant, but it didn't matter.

"If I move, they'll come in..."

The Duke kept muttering to himself. While searching Fior's body, Yvonne found a brooch in his pocket.

Why the hell does Fior have this?

As Yvonne looked blankly at the brooch, she heard the Duke of Delua giggling and laughing.

"He took it for me and said that he would break it, and I bet it was also a lie!"

Yvonne also put the brooch back in her arms. She didn't know what to say. It's what Karloi is looking for.

"What are you going to do with all that stuff? You will be done, too."

Ignoring the sneering Duke's voice, Yvonne moved closer to him. Not thinking about falling from the glass tube containing the body, he seemed completely insane.

"You ruined my plan fourteen years ago. You're going to take that brooch to Croytan, aren't you?"

The Duke whispered angrily.

"I bet you didn't even give him that medicine! That was enough to drive that Croytan crazy, but he's so fine."

Only a skeleton was visible inside the glass tube. As Bernie's wizard died, the magic preserving that body also disappeared.