Ch 95

15.3 The Empress Hates The Emperor (1)
*
*
*

It wasn't long before that a poison that they had no idea what it was was discovered in the Delua estate. The poison in the small vial from the corpse of the Bernie's wizard had the same composition as the medicine left on the Duke of Delua's tableware, and it looked like the medicine the Empress drank instead of the Emperor.

In the capital, leading scholars and physicians gathered to study Bernie's poison. Wizards even crossed from Mach and Lartua to examine the Bernie's wizard's necklace.

The Emperor's physician did his best to treat the Empress with all this material. He did everything he knew. It wasn't for the Empress, it was for the Emperor. If the Empress didn't wake up, the Emperor would seem to not come to his senses.

He delegated everything to Alexis Dunya, and the Emperor stood by the Empress's side. He became more and more like a madman. His eyes did not depart from the Empress.

"But the more you stay like that, the worse the public opinion gets...? There are still quite a few people who say the need to depose the Empress."

"The Purtu people are disgusting. Terrible people."

Gorten clenched his teeth as if shaking. Aside from thinking about how Karloi would feel, isn't it pitiful for the Empress' bizarre situation? He can't believe they're saying that.

"What does that mean?"

Gorten jumped out of surprise at the sudden voice of Karloi. He whispered because he didn't seem to care about this, but he never thought he'd heard it.

"Oh..."

"What are you talking about?"

The servant, already standing next to Karloi's grim expression, was about to faint. It is because the appearance of Karloi these days was scarier than the corpse of war.

Gorten replied with a feeling of desperation.

"It's exactly what you heard..."

His voice crawled away.

Karloi's face was filled with cool anger. Gorten was worried that his bloodshot eyes might burst.

"Bring me Dunya."

The Emperor, who did not step out of the Empress' bedroom, ordered.

Shortly after, Alexis Dunya, who was suffering from various official and nobles' nonsense, arrived. Alexis' face looked as tired as Gorten.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Are you going to let go of their nonsense like that?"

Alexis did not ask back whether a competent Duchess has the talent for recognizing mutilated words.

"Isn't that what the people of Croysen would do? Still, it's pretty good. They are only demanding the dethronement without any further downgrading of status."

"Threaten them by beheading, or confiscate their property, so that they don't say things like that."

Alexis did not respond to the threatening voice.

"Well, that's the only way to provoke a backlash. It hasn't been long since the civil war ended. The best way is for you to come to your senses."

Alexis replied, rubbing her eyelids as if she was tired.

"Now that Delua has fallen, Your Majesty's protection is the most effective. They'd be more afraid of reason than of Your Majesty's feelings."

"Would it be more effective than a decapitation?"