Ch 136

20.5 Kal And Lou (2)
*
*
*

By the time they arrived at Marina Palace, Asher was in better condition, so he could walk well with his arms crossed.

Upon entering the gate, soldiers and servants made a fuss and took Lilian and Asher inside. Millenin, who was pacing around in front of Marina Palace with a nervous face, strode as soon as she found Lilian.

"That's why I told you to stay here. If you wander around as you please, things will happen."

Her face looked like she was going to get angry, but unexpectedly, Millenin's tone was calm.

"It's all my responsibility. In the yard where not even Karloi can handle.."

From behind, Mary Ann ran in tears. Jane followed Mary Ann with a handkerchief.

"I thought I'd be okay because I had Asher..."

Millenin's gaze fell on Asher for a moment at Lilian's muttering like an excuse.

"An escort who can't even look into my eyes? Oh my."

"Don't be so hard on him. Today must have been very difficult for him."

Millenin sighed and swept her hair back.

"I'm glad you're back safely, but Karloi rode out to find you."

This time Lilian shouted.

"What? He's not feeling well, and he's riding a horse? You should've stopped him!"

"A couple says the same thing in pairs. If you know so well, don't walk around in the first place. How am I supposed to stop him from going out? Would it be satisfying if I remove a body and send an apology to Croysen?"

Millenin, who was forced to remain calm, now looked really angry.

"If I invite both of you to Mach again..."

But she didn't finish her sentence. In the meantime, she seemed to want to invite her again.

"...Anyway. I've sent someone out, so he'll be back soon."

Millenin, who breathed heavily as if to calm her anger, spoke in a low voice.

"You can't stand outside waiting for Karloi. I'll allow you to the garden. I really don't want to take any more risks."

However, contrary to Millenin's words, Karloi did not return to Marina Palace until sunset. Lilian hung around the garden's entrance all the time and waited for Karloi. If there's something wrong...

By the time her anxiety reached its peak, the sound of a horse running was heard. Even though the horse could not run to the inside of the garden, Lilian turned around in surprise at the sound. She could see Karloi standing up and getting off as if he was throwing the horse away.

Before Lilian even called the name, Karloi ran in one step. As soon as he saw Lilian, she could see a sense of relief spreading on his face.

Coming up with a face that looked like he was about to lose his temper, Karloi hugged Lilian tightly without saying a word. After avoiding Lilian like that, he narrowed the gap at once.

"You really..."

The sound of him breathing hard, tickled her ears. His voice gave her a sense of how fast he had come running.

"I'm not there for you. I thought something really happened to you."

His rough voice trembled badly.

"I know I'm a son of a b*tch, but I don't need to be tortured like this."

She had to say something, but she couldn't do it.