Ch 117

18.2 Lilian And Karloi (2)
*
*
*

When she felt a little depressed after sending the request to Keana, Lilian read the book again. It never fails to shock her once again when she rereads it. It reminded her of Olivia, who was turning the book gracefully as if it was a cultured book.

"I wonder what you thought while reading this book."

Olivia, who was putting flowers in the vase, looked up at the Empress' voice. The Empress still hasn't called her by her name.

"Well, I thought it was the usual capital city's book... I'm not saying it was bad. It was something fresh."

"Is Lexem Sorta's book any different?"

"Oh my God, that's right. Sorta's writings are beautiful. They love beautiful things."

Olivia, who had always been in a calm mood, felt a slight heat of pride.

"It would be nice to see it for yourself. I'd like to tour you in Lasortio's library... But I have work today."

"Work?"

Come to think of it, Olivia must have had her private life, but she didn't feel puzzled even though she was here every day. Lilian realized that she had been indifferent and she was momentarily embarrassed.

Olivia just smiled at the as-young-as-a-granddaughter Empress.

"I'm meeting my grandchildren in the Delfinan River. I asked my grandson to repair the canoe, and he said he'd bring it with him today."

"Canoe?"

"Today is a great day to enjoy the scenery by boat in Delfinan. I wish I could express the beauty of the scenery in words!"

"If you have grandchildren..."

"He's my son's child. Ah, when did he grow up to get married? They're still newlyweds though."

"Why don't you go and see your son?"

Olivia answered, arranging the hem of her dress after arranging the flowers.

"I'd love to, but my son went to Lupus a while ago."

Lilian, who was momentarily embarrassed, replied a long time later.

"...I'm sorry."

"What? It was a long time ago."

Olivia just smiled softly.

"He was killed in his last local battle against Bernie. What a life... Even though the war had the lowest casualties. He wasn't lucky."

While Lilian couldn't answer because she couldn't find words to comfort her, Olivia lightly turned the topic around as if she was talking about the weather.

"I'm bragging about how beautiful the Delfinan River is and I'm too guilty to go alone. Would you like to come with me? You can go with the handmaiden or Lady Jane."

Lilian, who was deeply regretful that she had brought up her son for nothing, had no choice but to nod her head. She can't comfort her, so she'll accept it instead.

When he heard that she was going out on a trip to the Delfinan River, Chef Vex filled the basket with snacks and wine. Though, the Empress has switched to the Countess' pin glass juice that she should not drink yet.

Coming out, Lilian stood still for a moment before getting in the carriage.

"What are you doing?"

"I like the sunlight."

Lexem Sorta's sunlight didn't pass by Lilian, so she stayed long enough to seep through, which was nice.