Ch 60

9.3 The Empress Does Not Know the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
As soon as he heard that Yvonne was feeling better and was now wandering around, Karloi visited the Empress. He had his own reasons. What if he throws away the fish he caught and escapes again?

Anyway, he didn't just find Yvonne for emotional reasons. There were certain political reasons.

He thought so, but when he saw her tender face, it was hard to bring up a 'political' topic. Her face he always thought was apathetic, but now, he thinks she's 'soft'. It's so absurd he decided to just talk about politics.

"I didn't change my mind. Don't worry."

He was speechless when he saw the Empress hesitatingly bringing up the subject first. What the hell did she interpret his expression as? Suddenly, he remembered Alexis' words, which were conditional. Is this woman really expecting nothing from him?

"What do I have to do?"

"...Did you think I'm here to talk about it?"

"What?"

"So, it's like this. I thought the Empress came running like the moon as soon as she got up... That's it."

The phrase 'like a moon' was a bit explicit, but the key point was roughly similar to Yvonne's. Yvonne tilted her head carefully.

"So, aren't you?"

It's not that it's not wrong. It was certainly one of the purposes of Karloi's coming, but it was also terrifying for the Empress to think straight about it. Is she crazy?

Karloi had never in his life considered his character to be good, but she never had so often caused him to think about his character as much as he did for the time being.

Rather than the drunken Empress wandering around in the rain, she was a lunatic no matter how much he looked back and forth whenever he saw the Empress. Maybe Alexis isn't worried for nothing.

"...How are you feeling?"

"It's not like there was a big injury. I have nothing to say since I've been lying down the whole time even after such a dirty act."

"You seem to be having a hard time making a mistake."

"...It's a tough decision."

"Why do you like me?"

As soon as he saw Yvonne's shocked face, Karloi, who asked questions impulsively, wanted to punch himself in the mouth.

Yvonne blinked her big eyes a few times and opened her mouth.

"I don't like you..."

Karloi's ears were reddened by the quiet answer.

"No? Then why?"

Yvonne eventually gave a small laugh while watching Karloi spitting out sporadic words. It was a little refreshing to see him so embarrassed.

"I hate you, Your Majesty. I hate you so much."

"The Empress has a strange habit of doing everything for the man she hates."

Unlike Karloi, who is still sarcastic with red ears, Yvonne replied calmly.

"I told you about the night of the wedding. I know how you feel about Delua."

When he recalled that day, Karloi felt awkward about himself. At that time, he certainly hoped the Empress would be gone.

"In other words, I know everything that Delua did to you. That's all. I don't know what my father was like to you... I just know too well."

Does the Empress sympathize with him? Karloi's eyes, which he thought were lifeless and cold, felt strange again.