Ch 88

14.3 The Emperor And The Empress (2)
*
*
*
The capital and the Purtu Palace were all natural and unaffected under Alexis Dunya's supervision. She managed everything that changed in preparation for the war lightly. People realized anew that Alexis was not only an outstanding general but also an administrator.

Alexis wasn't the only one responsible for Purtu. Keana, who is still externally queen, joined her.

"I'm sick and tired of war."

Keana, holding a teacup, murmured, looking out of the window.

Alexis, who unintentionally spent a lot of time with the Queen, found out that this woman was a very smart person. She could have been the Empress, not the Queen.

"I became a Queen to protect him, but nothing has changed."

She doesn't seem to be interested in it.

"The war will soon be over. The probability of losing is slim. It's only a matter of time."

"The Croysen War is over, not the Clyde War."

The elegant woman from a Marquis' family seemed to have lost some weight.

"Mach demanded him in return for the reinforcements, so they will continue to send him to war."

"Mach won't go to war for a while. And isn't it better for him to go to Mach anyway? He can't be with you in Croysen."

"I know. Why do we have to go all the way to Mach? Others don't have to leave the country just to love."

"You are still the Queen."

Keana smiled faintly at the Duchess, who beat around the bush telling her to watch her language.

"I can see the reason why the Emperor delegated authority to the Duchess."

"Really?"

"Because he's no longer interested in the position. He's lucky if he doesn't die after work. What a boring face he can't die! To be honest, every time I saw His Majesty, I wondered why he didn't die right away."

"Your Majesty is so..."

"Just by looking at his face, he must have already jumped into the river, but he is still alive, so it's not surprising that he is, isn't it? Now I know why."

Dunya knew too well, so she sighed instead of answering.

"Of course he wants to pass it onto the Duchess."

"I have no intention of receiving it."

"I don't know. If the Duchess gets this country, it would be nice to change the law a bit. I don't want to leave my country and live anywhere else."

"Unfortunately, the law does not change perceptions."

"It's going to be slow. But it's better than waiting forever for the perception to change. I think the system creates awareness."

Alexis did not answer because she thought it would not happen. The silence of the moment between the two was broken by the servant entering the drawing room.

"A letter has arrived for His Majesty. But since he's not here... It says that it was sent by Sir Asher."

Four eyes widened at the sudden name of the fugitive. Alexis Dunya stole the letter from the attendant. Inside the envelope was Asher's brown hair.

"What is it about?"

Looking at Alexis' increasingly serious face, Keana asked anxiously. Alexis held out the letter without answering. Keana, who was quickly flipping through the letter, turned into a shocked face and covered her mouth with one hand.