Ch 133

20.2 Kal And Lou (2)
*
*
*

Lilian, who was sitting alone in an empty bedroom because Mary Ann and Jane had not arrived yet, got up in surprise at the sound of knocking on the window. Lilian opened the window with a look of astonishment when she saw Asher hanging from the window frame and tapping on the window with his feet.

"What are you doing dangerously?"

Lilian shouted, forgetting that she hadn't seen him in a long time

"Hello, Your Majesty."

Asher, who greeted casually, came inside with a flexible body movement. She pondered for a moment whether she could bring Asher into the bedroom like this, but Lilian eventually said nothing. Her opponent was Asher. He doesn't understand the common sense or knowledge of the world anyway.

"You're here, too. But how come I've never seen your face. Didn't you come to see the Freeloom?"

Asher's face turned white for a moment when he heard the word 'Freeloom'. Lilian sneaked out the chair without realizing it.

"I didn't. I didn't want to go around in Mach."

Lilian, who remembered that Asher was a slave to Mach before, felt sorry that she seemed insensitive.

One of the maids left some snacks behind, so she gently pushed it in front of Asher, and Asher picked up one and began to chew on it. It was a snack that wasn't tasty at all, but Asher ate it well. No matter how much he hated Mach, it seemed like he was born and raised in Mach.

"You didn't want to come. Are you here for Karloi then?"

"I think if I let him go alone, he'll try to kill himself again. He could fall into the sea on purpose."

Lilian's heart sank despite Asher's distinctive blunt tone.

"...He won't do that anymore. Karloi made a promise with me."

Asher shrugged as he put another snack in his mouth.

"That's something you can only keep if you're sober."

In that single word, the life of Karloi in Purtu was clearly described. Has the promise she made him keep become a pain for Karloi? Lilian, who was lost for a moment, chose to change the topic.

"By the way, you've improved a lot with your Croysen language."

Asher's face glowed with pride at the words.

"Dunya is teaching me."

If Alexis Dunya had taught him properly, she would have told him to call her Duchess Dunya, not just Dunya. But Lilian didn't say anything.

"His Majesty doesn't deal with me these days. That's why I have to stay with Dunya all the time. It's boring."

"Really?"

"I want to go out here in Mach, but I don't want to go alone. But His Majesty said he'd go alone again."

"Does Mach become bearable with Karloi?"

Asher nodded with a look, as if she was asking for the obvious.

"Then you can just stay inside. Why would you do something you don't like?"

"Just... I don't like that. I don't want to hate it forever. And I will just be bored to death."

There were so many words that Lilian had to think about the meaning of the words for a long time. Even thinking about it, she didn't think she fully understood it.

"That's why you came to see me. Because Karloi won't play with you."

Asher nodded brazenly. The expression showed a strange sign of less satisfaction. It was clear that Lilian didn't meet Asher's expectations as much as he thought.