Ch 23

4.4 The Emperor Does Not Know the Empress
*
*
*
Unfortunately, however, Yvonne was unable to go to dinner with Karloi that evening.

Yvonne, who was lying in the bedroom for a while after lunch, had a fever all over her body and had to call the physician, Marlon, instead.

The cause was a flower sent by Karloi.

It was because Lady Anssen brought it to the bedroom cabinet without knowing that there were Rituna flowers too.

"I didn't know that Her Majesty couldn't get close to Rituna! Oh my gosh. It's been over a year since I've served her!"

Lady Anssen pouted her mouth at Mary Ann, who was angry in the bedroom where Yvonne lay in her bed.

"I mean, I didn't see it."

"It makes no sense not to see such colorful flowers!"

"Even if white flowers are flashy, they are white, well... Even the head court lady only knew that just now!"

As Count Anssen's younger sister, she was the first in the empire to be proud. She didn't seem to feel even the slightest bit of regret for Yvonne, who was dying.

"Rituna wasn't the only one sticking out, how could I know that there was one in there? At first glance, I didn't know. It was brought as it is... And if I saw it, I would have thought it was a harmony!"

"You're an idiot who can't tell the difference between flowers and harmony, right now?"

The physician Marlon managed to stop Mary Ann, who was becoming increasingly vocal.

"Her Majesty needs to rest, so there's nothing good about raising your voice next to her!"

Lady Anssen's dissuasion of the physician made Mary Ann even angrier by giving her a look of 'be quiet'.

"By the way, doesn't the Emperor know that Her Majesty can't get close to Rituna? The Duke of Delua has the same symptoms, so he should know."

"How would he know if he wasn't interested in Her Majesty?"

"No, no matter how disinterested he is, no matter how close he is, how can he not even know these things... After taking poison, she's in a bad shape, so what if something big happens?"

"That's what I mean. How can I know that His Majesty, the Emperor, was so determined and placed it invisible? That's it!"

Lady Anssen, who was interrupting as if in response, suddenly groaned alone.

"Oh, my God. Isn't that what it is? Didn't the Emperor really send Rituna on purpose to do something about Her Majesty?"

The court lady's fearsome conspiracy theory that the Emperor was trying to harm the Empress was lightly stopped by screaming Mary Ann.

"Everyone, get out of here! I'm telling you, I can't listen to you anymore!"

Eventually, Mary Ann kicked Anssen out. The court lady, who caused all of this fuss, left the bedroom without solving anything.

When Yvonne's faint groans were heard from the quiet bedroom, Mary Ann, who had a bad expression, quickly warmed up and became a tearful figure.

"Your Majesty... Ignore Lady Anssen. The Emperor wouldn't do that."

"...I think so, too. Maybe he just doesn't know anything about me. He doesn't care."

Yvonne muttered in a low voice. As her body ached, her fatigue rushed in.

She wished that Karloi would never know. Karloi would hate her even more if he finds out that even such a thing resembles a Duke. Yvonne bit her lip, suffocating just thinking about it.