Ch 42

6.5 The Empress and the Emperor
*
*
*
"Let us amend the constitution. I will share the power of the Emperor with the nobility."

That was the condition that Karloi brought out to Alexis.

"Is that a good thing for me?"

"Then the Emperor won't be able to make a difference. At least the Emperor's arbitrary decision won't get Croysen into the hole."

"Even if it's not you, the Nobility House is full of people like Delua."

"That's why I need someone like you."

Alexis Dunya would have liked this condition and would have accepted it right away. However, it was not only Karloi or the Duke of Delua who had changed over the years. Alexis also had a change.

"Give me the right to dispose of Delua. Let me do whatever I want, the way I kick him out, the way I get rid of Deluas."

After Adelaide's death, Alexis' proud reason was half blown away. The vacancy was filled with cold vengeance.

Karloi shook his head firmly.

"You can do whatever you want. But about the Duke of Delua, I'll take care of him. If you kill him, I'll kill you myself."

"You can do whatever you want... I don't know what else is left. Oh, Delua's daughter is the Empress."

Suddenly, Yvonne came to his mind, and Karloi's composure was slightly shaken.

"Well... It's also mean. I can't believe Delua's daughter is sitting in Adelaide's seat."

Alexis' eyes seemed to blame him for letting it go.

"What are you going to do with Delua's daughter? To remove Deluas from history, it also means the need to eliminate her."

Alexis squinted at the sight of Karloi who did not respond.

"You didn't give her any affection in the meantime, did you? I don't think it's possible because you don't have any affection."

"...It can't be. I'm just thinking it'd be nice to use the Empress as a hand."

"Well, it's not bad... Then give me the right to dispose of Delua's daughter."

"Why? Are you going to kill her?"

Alexis laughed lightly. It was the first laugh she made.

"Isn't that a tempting offer for both me and Your Majesty? Until you say so."

However, as soon as the smile disappeared, Alexis' face was filled with the desolation of life.

"The love of Delua to his daughter, I know it well. It was the first time I realized that such a person has a faint humanity."

Alexis murmured, recalling the now blurred past.

"The feeling of losing such a precious person... If only Delua could feel it. Yes, it is certainly tempting. He'll know how I felt."

"You don't have to kill her."

This time, Alexis openly revealed her doubts.

"Are you serious? I thought Your Majesty would feel the same way as me."

It was. It certainly was at first, but now he wondered if it was necessary to do so. It was Karloi himself, more than anyone else, who was surprised by his own change.

"...If she came over to us, she might make a contribution."

"But she's Delua's daughter. If she helps, she may be forgiven, but it is not commendable."