Ch 129

19.8 Kal And Lou (1)
*
*
*

Feeling suffocated, Karloi went out to the garden, releasing his cravat recklessly. This time it was clear that he was crazy, really crazy.

There's no way Lilian could be in Mach, even in the middle of the Imperial Palace. It doesn't make sense, but it looked so vivid to his eyes that he felt scared. As Dunya said, he must have gone crazy because he took too much medicine

He looked at the masked woman for a long time in disbelief. The woman did not avert her eyes. So it couldn't have been any more Lilian. If it was Lilian, she wouldn't look at him for that long.

Sitting in a shady corner of the garden where nobody was, Karloi took off his mask, threw it on the floor, and washed his face dry. Unbeknownst to him, swear words came out of his mouth. It couldn't have gone this far.

"Crazy bastard... What a waste of time."

Karloi breathed with his face buried in his hands. Does he have to live like this until he dies?

"Lilian..."

Karloi repeated the name like a habit again. To remember that he had a promise to keep.

While trying to get his act together, suddenly he felt a sign of someone was there, so Karloi raised his head casually. And as soon as he saw the person in front of him, he became stiff.

"Lilian...?"

A woman he thought was an illusion was standing in front of him. She was wearing a mask, but he could tell who she was. It must have been Lilian.

(No, but how...?)

Karloi became confused. It was hard to tell whether Lilian was really in Mach or if he was just going crazy and hallucinations had followed him.

As if answering the confusion, the woman standing in front came closer and slowly took off her mask. As soon as he saw her face without a mask, he forgot everything about hallucinations and had no choice but to get up and approach the woman.

"Are you sick?"

Because the pale face without any sign of blood on her lips was the face of a person who was seriously ill.

They said she's getting better, but her face in Lasortio wasn't this bad. What happened?

When Lilian's face was faintly distorted by his question, Karloi asked in a quivering voice in astonishment.

"What's going on? You, no, are you seriously ill?"

"...It's not like that."

A voice that was hard to hear even in his dreams was heard right in front of him. Karloi was stunned for a moment. It was true. Lilian was here.

"How could you be in Mach? No, still... Are you feeling sick?"

Karloi asked with difficulty. Watching the scene, Lilian sighed a little.

"It's not like that. It's because Mary Ann put on makeup like that on purpose. She was afraid that the Emperor of Mach will bother me..."

Emperor of Mach, Keana's friend. Some pieces were roughly put together in Karloi's head.

"Then you're not sick?"

"Yes."

Upon hearing the answer, Karloi relapsed into the fountain, exhaling his breath. As he tried to pull himself together by sweeping his face a few times, the situation slowly came into his head. Lilian is here.

Putting aside greetings, he asked if she was sick, and embarrassment began to creep in. It wasn't the kind of greeting anyone would have expected to meet after a long time.