Ch 37

5.10 The Empress Wants to Know the Emperor
*
*
*
In silence, Karloi only drank the tea. Strangely enough, he couldn't face Yvonne. The mere glance made the back of his neck hot. He kept grabbing himself. Don't be stupid here.

But somehow it was hard to see her face.

"Well, Your Majesty, I have something to tell you."

It was not until Yvonne called Karloi in a cautious voice that he managed to raise his head.

"If Your Majesty permits... I'd like to visit the estate of Delua."

At a completely unexpected request, Karloi forgot the awkwardness and stared at Yvonne.

"Is there any reason for you to go to Delua?"

Yvonne took a deep breath to come up with the answers she had been practicing.

"I think I should visit my mother's grave. I'm nervous because she keeps appearing in my dreams, and I miss her... My father says it's okay, but I thought I'd feel better if I checked it with my own eyes..."

It was such a ridiculous excuse that the end of Yvonne's words became increasingly blurred. But this was one of the most miscellaneous excuses she had come up with over the past few days.

As the Duke said, no matter how hard she tried, there was no reason for a person named Yvonne Delua to go down to the estate of Delua.

"Your Majesty..."

Without realizing it, a desperate voice came out.

Karloi, who seemed to be bruised immediately, was unexpectedly lost in thought with a serious face. She wondered if he would understand because he suffered from a nightmare just yesterday.

"Isn't the estate of Delua too far away? It'll take ten days to get there, but it's twenty days just to get back and forth."

"If I use a mana stone, I can go faster. The time it takes will be halved."

"...After all, if it was Delua, you wouldn't have to worry about magic stones."

Horsestone, a mana stone that abnormally promotes the physical function of horses, was mainly produced in Bernie, which used to come out of Delua, which borders Bernie.

"Will you go with the Duke?"

"Yes."

Yvonne waited for an answer with a nervous face. She didn't think Karloi would let her. How can she get near the border for such an unpretentious reason?

What was on his mind that made Karloi's face even worse? As soon as she decided to beg, his mouth opened.

"Okay, you can come back in two weeks, if you can."

"What?"

It was a desired answer, but she couldn't believe it when she heard it, so Yvonne unconsciously asked again.

"Go ahead."

"Really, really?"

Yvonne's voice trembled weakly. As Karloi nodded once more, Yvonne's blank face gradually came alive.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you very, very much."

Yvonne's face, which was still shaking and rambling to say thank you, brightened up and smiled.

"Thank you so much..."

Yvonne repeatedly put her hand around her mouth and lowered it again. Even tears seemed to have formed around her eyes.