Ch 35

5.8 The Empress Wants to Know the Emperor
*
*
*
Yvonne, who had been to the Royal Chamber first, got up from her seat in surprise when she saw Karloi. A cloth was wrapped around his hand, and his complexion was not good. His face, as if it was out of focus, turned pale as soon as he stepped into the chamber.

No matter how much they changed the interior, the gloomy air remained the same. If he was given a little break from his fatigue, it seemed as if he would go back to the night that Adelaide died at any moment.

An unborn brother, a blackened corpse, poison, and Delua. Unpleasant words mixed together so he shook his head.

"Your Majesty?"

At the careful call, Karloi turned to Yvonne. As soon as he came in, he was suffocated, but seeing Yvonne made him feel a little easier to breathe. It was a strange thing. He used to feel frustrated when he saw Yvonne.

"Empress."

"Are you sick?"

"...No."

His face didn't look like it wasn't at all. Sitting on the bed and sweeping down his face, he looked as if he had been bullied by someone. A room with no servants and only the two of them were alone. Karloi doesn't seem to be in a state of speaking, and Yvonne can't find anything to say.

"...I'm sorry. I think I need to lie down."

When Yvonne nodded, Karloi lay down on the side of the bed. Maybe it was because of sedation, but he didn't have the strength to sit down anymore.

The splendid ceiling was familiar. The ceiling seemed to have been left intact as the interior was changed. Looking at the pattern of the ceiling, Karloi closed his eyes because he suddenly felt the cold touch in his hands. It couldn't be possible, but the body of the deceased Empress seemed to hold his hand tightly. Like that day.

Yvonne sat in bed and immediately looked down at Karloi, who fell asleep. His complexion is still pale and his expression is weakly wrinkled. After some time, it was very weak, but she could hear him groaning in pain.

Yvonne couldn't lie completely in bed and just looked at Karloi, wondering if it would be a situation where she had to call a physician again.

After some time, Karloi seemed to be in good condition, so Yvonne lay down straight. But somehow she couldn't sleep. Because she thought that Karloi was so uncomfortable with her that he was in trouble.

A sigh came out by itself.

------------------

"I told you to suppress your emotions like that, but Karloi, why are you still..."

It was a familiar voice. It was the voice of the Empress, who always scolded him no matter how he cried, laughed, or got angry.

"Who do you resemble? Do you think that would make you a proper emperor? Do you know what you are responsible for?"

A voice was constantly heard. Strange, his mother is already dead.

Karloi's eyes, holding his dizzy head and looking around, saw Adelaide Dunya with a disapproving face. A cold and beautiful face.

"It's all because of you."

The beautiful face turned into a skeleton in an instant and came closer to Karloi's face. Karloi couldn't even scream at the feeling of being strangled.

"Kal!"

When Karloi managed to turn his head by hearing Lou's voice from somewhere, Lou ran toward him with a blue face.