"Yes, Grandpa."

"It must be your idea to come here with all your cousins, right?"

How do you know that?

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders once.

"...Thank you, Tia."

Grandpa said with a happy but bitter smile somewhere.

"I'm glad you're all right, thank God..."

Because I understand the meaning of the word roughly.

I just burst out laughing.

Grandpa patted my head calmly, watching my cousin share a delicious meal together.

* * *

[ ...

Tia's shoulders are getting better every day, so don't worry too much. Didn't Estira even cure your serious illness? If you, who went to the South for an important job, came back without getting your work done properly because of her, Tia would be very angry. So stop saying that you'll be returning to Lombardy soon.

... ]

After a busy morning at the mining company, Shananet wrote to Gallahan as soon as she returned to the mansion.

Tap, Tap

"Are you there, Mrs. Shananet?"

That's when a strange sound knocked on the door.

"Who's this?"

Shananet, who tilted her head and put down her flag pen, opened the front door herself.

"Good morning, Shananet. I haven't seen you in a long time. This is Grodic Bray."

A slightly stiff-faced man quickly took off his hat and greeted politely.

"Yes, it's been a long time. Mr. Bray. Come in."

Shananet opened the door wider and led Grodic into the living room.

"Well, excuse me."

"Would you like some tea? What would you like to drink?"

"Oh, everything is fine."

Grodic, who was about to sit on the living room sofa, quickly answered Shananet's words from inside, releasing his hips again.

"I can't believe you're giving me tea alone like this..."

Grodic said awkwardly as he looked at Shananet, who came out with a tea after a while.

"Because I like to do little things that I can do with my own hands. I'm a poor person too."

Shananet's face said so looking very calm.

No one didn't know how thoroughly Vestian Schultz tricked Shananet.

But when Grodic saw Shananet, he thought she looked better than ever.

"You must be busy with your bank work. What brings you here today, Lord Grodic?"

"Oh, that..."

After a moment of hesitation, Grodic took out what he had brought and placed them side by side on the table.

"Is this a check from the Lombardy Bank?"

"That is."

"But why check... Do you have intentions to..."

Shananet's voice grew cold.

Lombardy's vassal family often faced this situation.

Someone brings cash or jewelry and gives it as a bribe to have a good look.