"Kai and I were good friends back then. I think we understood each other. Both the black sheep of the family-"

"You were not the black sheep of the family Kol." I try to assure him.

"I was and you know it. So don't try to lie to me." He says. "Anyways, we had that in common. His dad hated him for not being able to do magic on his own and well... our family hating me because I'm a terrible vampire."

"I never hated you... you know that right?" I place my hand on his.

"I know Quinn. You and Rebekah were always there for me. That's why the two of you are my favorite." He smiles. "And that's why I'm going to help you kill our brother."

I give him a small smile.

"You both can stay here tonight. And if you need to keep staying here, I don't mind. My dad will be gone for awhile so I have the place to myself." Bonnie says.

"Thank you Bonnie." Kol smirks. "She is a great friend Quinn. Always keep her by your side."

"She is the best." I smile at Bonnie.

-

It is now the morning and I lay in the bed in Bonnie's room with her sleeping to my right. Normally I would have just slept in the guest room but that is now occupied by Kol. I check my phone to see the time and it is only nine in the morning.

I see a notification pop up on my phone from Jo. Swiping the notification to open it, I am met with a text message.

Jo: Can you meet me to talk?

Me: Sure. Where do you want to meet?

Jo: The Grill is fine. See you soon.

I don't text back. I just lock my phone and look over to Bonnie who is still sleeping. I slowly get out of the bed and find something to wear.

I am quiet with my steps so I don't wake her and walk out to the kitchen. I find a piece of paper and write her a note letting her know where I will be. Once that is done I walk out the door.

When I make it to the grill there are barely any people here. Well I mean obviously... it is nine in the morning. It wasn't hard for me to spot Jo who is sitting in a booth at the back of the restaurant. She sips her coffee as I walk up and take a seat.

"I didn't get you anything to drink because I wasn't sure if you liked coffee." She gives a small smile.

"Coffee is an essential." I tell her.

Matt comes over to the table and pours me a cup of coffee and then leaves Jo and I alone. We are silent for awhile because I am afraid of what she wants to talk about. Probably about the merge and she will probably get mad at me for Kai coming to her.

"Alaric and I are getting married." She spills the words out and I almost spit out my coffee.

"What?" I ask as I grab a napkin. "That is amazing Jo!"

I am really happy for them. Alaric needed to find someone after what happened to Jenna.

After Klaus killed her.

Back then Alaric didn't know about my relationship with Klaus but now that he does, does he hate me to for what my brother did?

"We are really excited! We figured that we might as well do it now since we don't know what will happen with the merge."

I sink back into my seat. "Jo I am so sorry... Kai never explained what all happens in the merge."

"It isn't your fault Quinn. I want you to know that." She states.

"Really? I feel like it is. I told you I wouldn't let Kai near you and well..." I trail off.

"He would have found me regardless. It's just who he is." She leans forward in her seat. "I just want you to know I don't blame you."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Actually I wanted to ask you something." She smiles. "Would you like to be a part of the wedding?"

My eyes go wide. "What? You want me in your wedding?"

"Yes." She laughs. "When you and Kai dated, me and you were pretty close. I mean the times Kai would bring you around the house we always hung out. I think he kind of hated it."

"I'm sure he did." I rest my forearms on the table. "I would love to be a part of your special day!"

She claps her hands together out of happiness. "Great! Elena is in it as well, same with Damon. We just need to find someone for you to walk down the aisle with."

"I'm assuming Kai isn't an option." I joke because I know he is not an option.

"Very funny." She shakes her head with a laugh. "I was thinking maybe... Stefan."

"Oh I don't think that's a good idea." I wave my hands decline her idea.  "I haven't talked to him since we broke up."

"I know but it will only be for one day. Not even a full day, just the night." She explains.

"Fine. It's your day anyways so whatever makes you happy." I give her a genuine smile.

It won't be that bad, will it? I know that when Kai finds out about this he won't be happy. Maybe I just shouldn't tell him. He's got so much to worry about right now with the merge coming up.

I mean it's not that big of a deal, me and Stefan waking down the aisle together. Stefan might not be happy about it but he can get over it.

Ohhh shit.