His eyes are soft and sad and it hurts my heart seeing him this way. I bring his hand to my mouth, pressing a soft kiss on his knuckle. He slowly nods his head at what I said. Standing up, I grab the shirt he gave me the other day to wear and slip it on and then I go to grab a shirt for him.

When I return he still hasn't moved from his position. I bunch his shirt up and put it over his head. When the fabric moves from his face he finally brings his eyes to me.

"Quit thinking about it okay? It's fine...I'm fine." I kiss him. "Now lets go see what we can find in my brothers room."

——

When we reach Nik's room I freeze in the doorway. He wouldn't let anyone in here for reasons I'm still unsure about. There is an unfinished painting sitting on an easel with paint sprawled out on the table next to it.

I used to love watching him paint. Sometimes he would bring his supplies down by the fountain to paint and I'd just sit there in awe. It was so satisfying watching the paint spread on the white canvas.

Kai is already in the room and he looks back to where I'm standing. He ushers me to come in but I stand still.

He walks over to me and grabs both my hands and slowly drags me into the room fully. A wave of panic rushes over me at the thought of Nik catching me in here and I think Kai could sense that.

"It's just us Quinn." He reassures me as if he read my exact thought.

I nod my head and scan my eyes across the room. I don't even know where to start. I walk over to his desk and open the drawers. There was nothing too special in them until I reached the bottom drawer.

This height of this drawer is bigger than the others and it gets stuck a little when I go to open it. I yank the handle to see an old box sitting inside.

I reach into the drawer and wrap my hands around the box to pull it out. Once it is fully out I take a seat in the desk chair placing the box in front of me. I undo the clasp and lift the lid up.

Inside there are small papers filed neatly. I run my finger overtop of the thin paper before taking one out. As I begin to unfold it I notice that there is something handwritten on it.

I begin to read the letter as my mind becomes confused. I put the paper down and grab another to read... then another... and another until one name sticks out.

"What are those?" Kai asks as he stands in front of the desk.

"I think..." I pause. "I think these have to do with all his victims. This name here, I remember him telling me about her."

I hand Kai the letter. "So he keeps letters that his victims wrote?"

"No I don't think that's it." I shake my head. "These are addressed to the victims from someone they knew. Almost like love letters."

"And I thought I was crazy." He tosses the paper down onto the table.

"You are crazy."

He gives me a smile before he walks off towards the fireplace. I grab another letter and start to read it when a noise from Kai's direction makes me jump. I look up to see he has his hand on the fireplace and his eyes wide.