Chapter 03

"Pfftt!"

A shameless laugh was heard.

It was Viese's son, Belsach, who had called me.

A man with brown hair and brown eyes, who did not resemble his mother, Seral, at all and instead, just looked like a replica of Viese.

That grumpy-looking face had many flaws but even then, women would never stop approaching him due to his status of being the eldest son of the Lombardy family.

"Hahaha!"

But what was in front of me right now was just a little boy who I'm assuming must be around ten years old.

He was someone who engaged in all kinds of nasty things, so I was the one who had to clean up and deal with his mess. He was someone who made me tremble whenever I saw his face, but as a child, he was pretty cute.

"Are you laughing at me?!"

However, that temper wasn't cute at all.

Still, I was about to apologize because I thought I'd end up feeling bad later.

"This filthy half-blood dares to laugh at someone!"

But offensive words kept leaking from his mouth.

"Half-blood?"

Little by little, I began to remember.

My cousins, including Belsach, had cursed me to death just because my mother had been a commoner.

"Brother, I think that half-blood must be pissed off right now?"

As I turned my head towards the voice that just poured into the air, I could see my second uncle's first son, Astalliu, standing next to him.

If Belsach had made me crazy due to his disorderly private life and violent incidents, then Astalliu had troubled me by becoming addicted to gambling.

He had become a good target for the other gamblers because he was a powerful, brainless idiot whose innermost thoughts would be visible to everyone.

Eventually, he almost got kicked out by his grandfather and before he entered the Lombardy knights faction in his later years, there were several buildings that Astalliu had already sold away due to gambling debts.

That's right, these two would always stick together and pick on me.

"What would you do if I was angry?"

"Are you going to cry again and pee?"

At that time, I had been very afraid of these two.

Even if it was just a child's prank, the bullying by them had been very vicious.

I was too young and powerless to deal with their pure malice towards me because as the saying goes, children are crueler than they seem.

So, previously, whenever I would come across these two, I couldn't even run away and would only tremble, so that everything would just end quickly.

Sometimes, it would just end with ridicule and some insults, but on days when Belsach wasn't in a good mood, he would end up bruising me.

When my father would show anger due to it, Viese and Laurel would often rebuke him and say 'that's how young kids grow up but it's too much of a joke.'

"Ha."

But I suppressed my anger. Then I asked something.

"Belsach, how old am I now?"

"What?"

Belsach looked at me strangely as if I had suddenly asked a weird question.

"How old am I?"