Chapter 69: Epilogue

Start bij het begin

With them also Edward Elric, who was laid out on the ground panting heavily for his life.

"Man. Seeing brother this exhausted makes me glad I didn't lose my use of alchemy." Said Alphonse as Alex nodded.

"Yeah. I'm no longer taking my use of Alchemy for granted." Said Alex.

Edward looked at them and just gave a disapproving look as he sat up.

"Oh shut it. Don't patronize me." Said Ed as Alex and Al laughed before Ed smiled and also let out a small laugh as he looked at his hands.

"To be honest, that day after we finally beat the bearded guy, I wasn't sure on how life would be without Alchemy. I thought I would've been heavily addicted so much that I'd immediately want it back, but, life's been good without Alchemy." Said Edward with a smile.

"Without the use of Alchemy, how are you gonna continue your job as a State Alchemist?" Asked Alex.

"Me and Ed both decided yesterday that soon we plan to go back to Amestris to broaden our view and knowledge of Alchemy even more." Said Alphonse.

"And while we're doing that, we'll be couting on you to keep eveeyone here, the Colonel included, in check. Think we can trust you to that promise?" Asked Edward as he helf a fist out.

"Sure thing. I'll keep HQ in check." Said Alex as fist bumped with Ed.

Their conversation was cut short however as Kunsil called their attention and said that work was gonna resume.

The three close friends all got up and walked back to work with one another.

[Later that night]

Alex had returned back to the apartment complex exhausted from work as he laid down onto the couch, not even closing the door.

After a bit he heard the door close as he saw Akari stand before him.

"Seems like your used up." She said.

"Yeah I am." Said Alex as he slowly sat up allowing his mom to sit next to him.

"I'm really proud of you. I'm truly grateful for the fight you put up against that monster." Said Akari referring to the battle against Father.

"Don't mention it. We were all giving it our all. It was to save humanity after all. It was only obvious that we'd stop at nothing to win. I mean Al gave up his soul, Ed gave up his use of Alchemy, and I literally had to battle above the heavens. If that doesn't prove that we did everything to win then I don't know what will." Confidently said Alex as Akari gave a smile.

"You know, we should all get together and celebrate our victory." Suggested Akari.

"Hm? Yeah your right. That sounds like a good idea, but, where would we have it and when? We're all busy building the new HQ and we can't have it so soon after the battle." Said Alex.

Akari began to think for behind she got her idea.

"In three months it'll be my birthday. We'll all get together that day. As for location, that's simple. It'll be the lone pink sakura tree on the hill at Lastation Central Park." Said Akari.