🌸Tsuma... Anata🌸

[fluff]

The stars were winking at each other and Sakura looked up at them with a serene smile on her face. It had been a few days since they married and Sasuke had said those words only once. The only time they had sex in the comfort of a cozy bed in a lovely inn.

She started remembering about her habit of telling Sasuke that she loved him. She pondered over it and had noticed that he always replied with a 'hn'. Tonight, she decided she was not satisfied with that. So, she decided to stop reminding him of her feelings starting from tomorrow to see whether he would notice or not. With that thought in mind, she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning came by like a sneeze. She suddenly remembered her resolve and decided to stick to it. Sasuke was awake because of his decision to watch over for the entire night without heeding to her request to wake her up when he was tired.

Within a few minutes, she packed her sleeping bag and stuffed it in her backpack. The smoke from their temporary fireplace rose towards the sky and her gaze followed it. Pink and blue hues that represented the arrival of dawn were splashed all over the sky.

"Sakura." He called. She looked at him, questioningly.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Let's leave." He spun on his heel and started walking away without waiting for her to join him. Yep! This was Sasuke. She followed him and they walked.

Normally, she would have tried to initiate a conversation. But that always ended up with her ranting on about medicines and poisons and other scientific stuff. She never knew whether Sasuke listened to it or not. But now that she thought about it, the thought of him not listening to her rants upsetted her.

Taking a deep breath, she walked on with an emotionless face a few steps behind Sasuke. Suddenly, she didn't even want him to see her face today. Was it a sin to think like that? She married the guy almost a month ago after his passionate proposal even when he didn't use the those words.

Sakura correctly assumed the arrival of afternoon when her stomach rumbled. She wasn't even embarrassed anymore because both of them had heard each other's stomach expressing their hunger. She pulled out an apple from her bag and started eating it.

She quietly observed the man in front of her. Usually, she would've expressed her feelings almost as soon as they woke up and somehow, she remembered that she would always say those words before afternoon. Afternoon had arrived. She hadn't said those words and he hadn't reacted or spoken since they left their camp.

Maybe he doesn't remember. Maybe he never noticed that this was a habit. Maybe it wouldn't bother if she stopped expressing her feelings altogether. She frowned and bit her apple.

Orange and red were painted on the sky. The sun was about to set. The married couple had reached a town and Sasuke declared that he would be searching for an inn while she would get them food. She agreed wordlessly and left without letting him speak again.

While walking away with a plastic bag of food, Sakura noticed Sasuke walking towards her.

"I've found an inn, follow me." He spoke. She didn't even bother to nod. She simply started walking towards him. He turned around and led the way. Inside their room, she set their bag of food on the table before removing her backpack and stretching her arms. She removed her forehead protector and shoved it inside her bag.

She could see Sasuke near her, removing his cloak and throwing it on the chair before removing his bag and placing it near her own. He sat on the bed and sighed as he stared at the wall.

"What's wrong?" He blurted. Those words had too much concern than he would like to show.

"Nothing." Sakura absentmindedly replied and unwrapped their packedfood before handing him his share of food. She sat beside him on the bed within a fair distance and started eating.

They finished their food and Sasuke put their disposable containers in the plastic bag before throwing them into the trashcan. Sakura had showered and changed into a simple red top and baby pink shorts. He himself took a shower and saw Sakura reading one of her intimidatingly thick books.

"Sit down." She spoke and closed her book. She walked over to him and stood before him while she snatched the towel before properly drying his hair.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing." Her answer came out coldly. He was surprised by the sudden change in voice. Sure, he had heard it before, but never had she used it on him.

"Why haven't you talked to me?" He asked.

"Didn't want to." She replied.

"Are you mad at me?" He carefully asked. If she replied with a yes, then he was sure it wouldn't be long before she broke his bones.

"I don't know." This was the worst reply. If she was confused about her feelings, she would continue to avoid him.

"You didn't even say them to me." He mumbled like a child. She heard him quite well and looked at him with a puzzled face.

"What?"

"You used to say 'I love you' every morning." He slowly replied before continuing. "Don't you love me anymore?" He peered up at her. For a moment, Sakura was sure she saw the six year old Sasuke whom she started crushing on.

"Yes, I do." She sighed.

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Thought it didn't matter." She replied.

Sasuke's hand dashed forward and pulled her to the bed. She lay on it with her hair splattered around her head like a newly bloomed flower. Sakura looked at him with slightly widened eyes. His mouth had curled into a frown and his eyes were closed. He inhaled and opened his eyes.

"It is the only thing that matters." He gazed at her. His heterochromatic eyes showered her with love and affection and Sakura gasped. Before she took another breath, he kissed her. Gentle and soft yet dominating and possessive.

"Is it because I have not been returning your words?" He questioned as his mouth roamed around her neck, peppering it with light kisses. He pulled back and looked at her again.

"I'm sorry, but it scares me. If the world knows I love you then it will take you away from me." His gaze oozed with sadness and pain.

"I'm not going anywhere." She cupped his cheeks. "Unless you don't love me." His eyes widened and an amused smile formed on his lips.

"Very well. Then let me love you, tsuma." She smiled as she pulled his face closer to hers.

"Go ahead, anata." She kissed him.

NEXT MORNING

The married couple had left the inn. Sakura had a small smile etched on her lips and Sasuke gave off a more peaceful vibe than ever.

"Tsuma."

"Hmm?" She turned around to face him.

"I love you." Sakura was silent for a second before she replied.

"Go ahead. Love me as much as you want. I'm right here." She grinned mischievously. A second later, she smiled softly before she spoke. "I love you, anata."

He smiled at her before walking towards her. Sakura thought he would walk past her, but he grabbed her hand and lightly pulled her with him. She chuckled and tightened her grip on his hand as they walked away.

--by NaTsuMe_SenJu

A few weeks later, Sakura got pregnant. I love Sarada. Both girls breaking the ground with style.