🌸Happy Father's Day🌸

[fluff, Sarada, angst]

"Sakura, get it together!"

"I'm sorry..." Sakura Uchiha wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead as her husband ran to her side to fight off a group of four robbers that tried to plunder their stuff early in the morning.

"Just..." He huffed, "try to stay out of the way, then."

Sakura froze.

She was never told that in the longest time. And for the first time in ages: she felt useless.

______________

Sasuke Uchiha walked over to where Sakura sat next to the fire, rubbing her sides, late in the evening after the incident that morning.

He held out a cup of tea to her and she smiled weakly, "thanks."

"What happened back there?" He sat on the log next to her, a look of concern on his face, "you were throwing up half an hour ago, too. Are you sick?"

"I don't know..." Sakura muttered as she tapped her cup and stared at the fire, "I just felt so exhausted all of a sudden, and..." Sakura felt tears fill her eyes, " I'm so sorry, Sasuke..."

"Sorry?"

"I went on this journey with you because I wanted to help you. But after earlier today, that's the most I've ever felt so useless in a really long time. I swore to help you and stay by your side, but..."

"Don't cry..." Sasuke smiled as he wiped her cheeks and moved closer to her, "sometimes it just can't be helped, right? And I don't think it's fair that you put all that responsibility on yourself."

"Yes, but..." Sakura leaned her head back to look at the stars, "as your wife, your safety is my number one priority over anything in my life."

"Hey, this is just the first time it's happened." Sasuke reassured her, "I forgive you, and don't worry about it." He smiled as he pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks." Sakura wiped her eyes.

"Uh..." Sasuke rubbed her back, "if you're so weak right now, are you on your...?"

"Well..." Sakura pursed her lips, "I can't use that as an excuse..."

"But I'll know when I need to fight for you more." Sasuke smirked.

"No need..." Sakura laughed sheepishly.

"But..." Sasuke looked at her, "it's normally this week, isn't it? I remember last month you stained the--"

"Sasuke." She cut him off, "don't bring that up again... That's humiliating..."

"It's okay. It just looked like someone got hit there, remember?"

"Yes..." Sakura rolled her eyes, "uh..."

"So is that why? Does it normally involve the motion sickness?" Sasuke tapped his chin. I wish I'd learned about women sooner...