🌸Labor Day🌸

[funny]

"Hey, Sasuke! Is that you?"

Sasuke looked up from where he was sitting on the concrete bench on the road leading out of the village, "Naruto... What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back at the Hokage's office?"

"Yeah." Naruto shrugged, "but I couldn't make myself work on a day like this!"

"Hm?"

"It's Labor Day!"

"Oh. Right." Sasuke gazed at the sky, "that makes sense, I guess. No work on Labor Day..."

"Huh?"

"That is what you said, isn't it?"

Naruto blinked, giving Sasuke weird looks, "Sasuke, did you not hear me? It's Labor Day!"

"I heard you, Dobe!" Sasuke nearly shouted, "I'm not deaf!"

"Clearly you didn't!" Naruto stood up, "It's Labor Day!"

"What are you talking about?!" Sasuke stood up to face Naruto face-to-face, "Clearly we're not on the same page!"

"Sasuke..." Naruto panted hysterically like he'd been running, "It's... Into... Labor... Day..."

Sasuke grabbed the front of his shirt, "Naruto!"

"It's... Sakura's going into labor! Today!!"

Sasuke's grip tightened as his twisted face of anger and annoyance suddenly turned into a face of fear and terror, "you idiot! Why didn't you just say so?!"

"Yeesh, sorry..." Naruto held up his hands in defense, "but you might want to get going."

"No duh!" Sasuke rolled his eyes, and with the gesture of a hand-sign, he vanished in a cloud of smoke.

That afternoon, by the time Sasuke got to the hospital, he arrived just in time to support Sakura and hold his daughter for the first time.

......

Written by xX_Fang_Xx