🌸Fate's Meeting🌸

[fluff, minor angst]

"Come on, guys. Keep up. It's not even that far." Sasuke Uchiha called back to his team, Hebi, as they leapt from tree to tree, "the hideout is just up ahead."

"Oi, Sasuke, let's just take a breather, I feel like my legs are gonna fall off." The sword wielder, Suigetsu, panted as he pulled out his usual water bottle, rehydrating himself.

"Well for you, that's impossible. Taken the fact that you're made of water." The redhead Karin adjusted her glasses and glared at her teammates, "so suck it up and move!" She had a slight hesitation in her voice, as she didn't have the energy to continue either.

"Sasuke, they might be right." The man with orange hair and a bird on his shoulder, Juugo, advised their team leader, "we really should take a break."

Sasuke scanned his exhausted team, "hn. Fine. We'll take five minutes. No more."

"Thank goodness." Karin dropped onto the branch they stood on, sighing in relief.

"I'll go patrol the area, then." Sasuke grunted, not wanting the time to conpletely go to waste. He left the team and headed back through the trees in a different direction. He felt the rush of wind flying through his hair as he shut his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of being free for only a few rare moments. But he did still feel the same burden weighing down the pit of his stomach. The burden that drove him to his two main goals of clan restoration as well as killing his brother, Itachi. That was Hebi's goal. Suddenly, as he was crossing from one branch to another, he spotted something leaping through the trees.

"Enemy?" Sasuke muttered as he ran towards the figure, making sure to cloak his chakra carefully. He continued to run until the figure stopped. He didn't recognize the ninja, but from scanning the body shape, this was clearly a girl. He continued to slowly and quietly pull out a kunai, ready to attack.

"Come out. I know you're there."

Sasuke was startled. She actually sensed he was there, well, she's good, "who are you?"

The woman seemed to stiffen when he spoke, "is that..."

"Face me! Don't be a coward!"

The woman didn't speak, nor did she seem to fear him. But when she did turn to him, removing her hood, it was his turn to stare in shock, "y-you... What are you..."

"Sasuke..."

"Sakura..."

The two faced each other for a long time. No one made a move to do anything, they only stood staring. Unsure of what even to do. Sasuke was ready to call out to his team to come help him attack her or even show off to her how strong he's gotten, or perhaps he could run to her and kill her himself. But as he got stronger, he knows that just by her looks, she's gotten stronger, too. Sakura knew exactly where Yamato, Sai, and Naruto were, making calling out to them easier than pulling out a poison kunai and piercing it into his back. But no one did anything.

"Sasuke. What are you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the exact same thing."

They stood unmoving, staring into each other's eyes. Then Sakura gripped her fingers into fists, her gaze not wavering or softening, "why did you do it? Why did you leave the village?"

That scene flashed into his mind again. He tried so very hard to completely forget all about it, but seeing her, it all came back like a tidal wave. He wanted to forget her, but he couldn't make himself do it. He squeezed his eyes shut and looked away, "that's none of your concern."

"Sasuke, don't leave again!" Sakura ordered. Her plea wasn't a cry this time. It was a command.

"You really have changed, haven't you, Sakura?"

"You don't seem to have changed one bit, Uchiha." Sakura let the tone drip from her words purposefully.

"Hn."

Sasuke turned to her, smirking, his Sharingan activated. As soon as his eyes met hers, she was hit by the Genjutsu. She was ready to release it as simple as a snap, but something caught her attention. This was no Genjutsu she was ever put under in her life. She looked around and found herself in a grove of cherry blossom trees. It was all far too nice for a Genjutsu.

"This has to be a trap. Releas--"

She stopped when a figure caught her eye. It was Sasuke, "Sasuke!" She ran towards him, pulling a kunai from her side, holding it ready to attack him, but before she could do anything, Sasuke's speed gave him the advantage to swipe the kunai from her hand, grab her hand, hold it behind her back, and bring the kunai to her own neck.

"You're slow, Sa-ku-ra." Sasuke slurred.

"Let me go!" Sakura struggled against his grip, but he pulled her closer to him, making their close proximity paint a blush on her cheeks.

"Were you really that anxious to kill me?" Sasuke whispered.

"I..." She stared into his eyes, the same onyx orbs that revealed nothing and everything at the same time. It was too much for her to comprehend.

"Sakura." Sasuke was so close, she felt his breath on her face, sending chills through her body, "I'm sorry."

"Wha--"

The kunai was brought down into her back. But as it was, his lips landed on hers...

___________________________________________________________

"S-Sasuke..." Sakura whispered before falling unconscious before him. He held out his arms to catch her as she fell unconscious under the Genjutsu. He shut his eyes as he inhaled deeply, taking in her scent one final time, before leaning her up against the tree carefully. He watched her concerned and unmoving face, running his fingertips across her cheek and through her hair. The cheeks that were always wet with tears. He smiled sadly and kissed her forehead before standing back up and leaving to get back to his team.

"I'm sorry... Sakura. Until next time."

_______________

Written by xX_Fang_Xx